Go Back   Trackpedia Discussion Forums > Racing Simulators > Racing Simulators Main Discussion

Old 09-26-2010, 02:25 PM
FIA rated bubble wrap!

Send a message via AIM to billy Send a message via MSN to billy Send a message via Skype™ to billy
Default F1 2010 game

Played this a little also after getting it working with my sim rig and again, iRacing is just better. What is cool is they have all the real tracks, whats bad is all the videos and cinematics around the game. I still can't get a xbox live profile working which means it does all the introduction videos every time which I absolutely hate.

Driving wise, it's definitely more arcadey than iRacing.

Summary is unless you want all these tracks then wait for the iRacing F1 car in November.
iRacing: AMD Phenom BE 970 + HD6870 (5740x1080)
Old 09-27-2010, 06:02 AM
Official Trackpedia Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Stack Send a message via MSN to Stack

Does it still have that silly "rush" effect? Where you reach a certain speed for a certain length of time and all the surroundings start blurring and speeding up?

Asphalt Ventures, LLC - Owner/Manager
Triangle Z Club / Tarheel Sports Car Club
-Event steward, registrar, all-around good guy
Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 AM
FIA rated bubble wrap!

Send a message via AIM to billy Send a message via MSN to billy Send a message via Skype™ to billy

I haven't noticed that. The car doesn't feel crazy fast. I remember a couple of years ago playing F1 on a PS/3 and that was ridiculously fast. This doesn't feel the same or else it's just with more sim time under my belt in the Formula Mazda and Lotus 79, it's manageable now.

I don't see a way in F1 also to specify bezel width and so on. I think it relies on Nvidia etc to specify the bezel width etc.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Warpedcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack View Post
Does it still have that silly "rush" effect? Where you reach a certain speed for a certain length of time and all the surroundings start blurring and speeding up?
That was in NFS: Shift, not any previous Codemasters game.

There is a realistic motion blur which adds to, rather than detracts from, the realism. It's usually not noticeable at all.

I like F1 2010 a lot, really immerses you in F1 - you can do seven full championship years starting as a rookie in one of the three new teams. Each race weekend is full length as in reality - three practices, qualifying, race - same race distance as in reality (though there is an option for shorter races, if you're a weenie).

I've played all the recent Codemasters stuff. I didn't like Dirt all that much, and GRID just never felt right. Dirt 2 was a HUGE improvement on Dirt 1, and similarly F1 2010 is a huge leap ahead of GRID in every meaningful way.

SOLD: 2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M Black Sapphire - ECU, intake, exhaust - 2:05 at BIR long course
DD and Track Toy: 2006 Volvo S60R AWD 6M Sonic Blue - CAI - 2:03.5 at BIR long course - 2:00 at BIR short course - Road Trip Pics - SNOW FUN - My HD Trackday Videos
Racing Sims Rig:Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.9GHZ, AMD Radeon 7870, 8GB RAM DDR3, Logitech MOMO wheel and pedals
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
FIA rated bubble wrap!

What are you playing it on Dave?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Warpedcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
What are you playing it on Dave?
Settings? I'm doing the full 7 season career mode, full length race weekends, all drivers assists off, except the pit lane limiter is set to auto. I've been playing a lot but I think it will take a few years to finish! Just starting the China GP, after a rainy Malaysian race. I picked Lotus to start with.

Hardware? Check my sig...

I think there is a pretty hard learning curve on these cars. Got to be so smooth with the throttle application on corner exit. They understeer a lot with the default setup, so I can get faster by dialing that out, except the car just gets even harder to drive fast without looping it a few times per race.... but whatever, I've got seven seasons to grow!

SOLD: 2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M Black Sapphire - ECU, intake, exhaust - 2:05 at BIR long course
DD and Track Toy: 2006 Volvo S60R AWD 6M Sonic Blue - CAI - 2:03.5 at BIR long course - 2:00 at BIR short course - Road Trip Pics - SNOW FUN - My HD Trackday Videos
Racing Sims Rig:Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.9GHZ, AMD Radeon 7870, 8GB RAM DDR3, Logitech MOMO wheel and pedals