Go Back   Trackpedia Discussion Forums > Racing Simulators > Racing Simulators Main Discussion

Old 02-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Yellow Group

Default Meadowdale in development for rFactor

Can't wait!!!!

Meadowdale
Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Red Group

Send a message via MSN to Hanewf_83

I remember someone telling me stories about racing on this track.
Can't wait to try it out for myself and see what all the fuss was about

Cars:
Ex - Van Diemen RF91 FF (wrecked), BRD FV (still running somewhere)
WIPS - Ralt RT-41 (The Black Beauty [black hole in terms of money]), HMST-F-01a, HMST-B-01c
2009 - ?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Yellow Group

The Monza Wall!

I'm pretty excited about this, but I will reserve judgement until it is released. The guy doing it was doing this track for GPL. I helped him out by walking what is left of the track and measuring road pitch, width and camber. The problem is that I did this more than 5 years ago and he finally, very recently, abandoned the project for GPL. Hopefully, he'll have the time to finish this track, as I'd love to drive it. It's my hometown track (and I wish it were still serviceable).

Last edited by Mike_B; 02-22-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Yellow Group

They turned it into a forest preserve/park now and you can visit anytime you like, which is really cool. The Monza Wall is certainly one of the most impressive features of this track. I have walked it once when I used to work in West Dundee, and am looking forward to another walk in the spring with the kidlet. It's good that in this day and age, it was kept as a historical landmark and not turned into a shopping mall (Riverside) or a golf course (Bridgehampton).

Anyone involved in the production of this track should contact Ross Fossbender, who is a fixture in the Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs, but also manages the Meadowdale "ghost tracks" website.

He would be the most authoritative figure to have review the workings of the track.

Can't wait to race on an old track that our father raced karts on in the 60s.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Yellow Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
I have walked it once when I used to work in West Dundee, and am looking forward to another walk in the spring with the kidlet.
Let me know when you go, it would be a fun picnic day!!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Yellow Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
Anyone involved in the production of this track should contact Ross Fossbender, who is a fixture in the Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs, but also manages the Meadowdale "ghost tracks" website.

He would be the most authoritative figure to have review the workings of the track.
Jesse Lasko (the guy who's doing the rfactor version of the track) did talk to him quite a bit. He's got all kinds of materials from Ross.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Green Group

Hello everyone!

Yes, rFactor version is being made after my notorious attempt to build it for GPL. It has bothered me ever since I realised the GPL version was an impossible task for me at the time. And that's because there's such a huge amount of people who have helped and contributed to this project. With all the great rFactor tools and the huge help from the sim community, everything is looking so much better already. An extremely talented friend is making objects and other stuff for the track and we already have a superb pit building (the huge one from the early days of MIR), the famous silo etc. etc.

And Mike, the work you did is the biggest single contribution to this project and adds so much to the realism of the track that I can't never thank you enough

Last edited by J.J. Laakso; 03-02-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Red Group

Ah the good ole' GPL days, sounds about the same as my failed attempt to create a realistic version of Road America. I was never able to get the base track to be realistic enough for me to feel happy about it. Plus I could never commit the time it takes to make all the lovely objects.

Good luck with the project this time around!

87 944 SP1 ("Emma")
Old 03-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Yellow Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. Laakso View Post
Hello everyone!
And Mike, the work you did is the biggest single contribution to this project and adds so much to the realism of the track that I can't never thank you enough
Don't thank me. I really want to drive that track. Every time I drive by it I lament that it is gone. If I can drive it online, that's almost as good as seeing it in its former glory. So anything I can do to help it along is a pleasure! BTW, Thank YOU for doing it!

Does rFactor allow you to put the multiple cambers across the road width? I remember you saying you couldn't do that in GPL. Having those corners that fall off on the outside will be really fun to try to drive.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Green Group

Damn the time flies! Just dropped by to say that the project is doing well and the track is looking good.

A minor setback happened last Saturday when my PC decided to break down. The hard disc is most likely ok and if it's not, there's a backup which could be a little more recent than it is

There's lots of talk about the project HERE and a bit old video on Youtube HERE