Go Back   Trackpedia Discussion Forums > Main Category > Off Topic

Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Green Group

Default A grief to share

In my posts in this board I tried to introduce the world of racing and advanced driving that I live in to the other users, in hope that they would find it in interest.

Today, I feel a need to share the grief on the sudden demise of one of the veterens of the Israeli automotive world in Israel, one Tal Shavit (55), who had perished during a motorcycle accident that involved another car.

While probably not of practical interest to any of you, I believe we can all appreciate a person that was the pioneer in the subject of performance riding in a country otherwise lacking any form or interest in motorcycle racing. The founder of the very first motorcylce magazine, "Moto", Shavit was a renouned coleague and a highly-held man in terms of speech, values and riding skill.

As a professional journalist for both cars and motorcycles, he had thrilled us all over and over again with articles that were not only professional in technical terms, but managed to blend modern, "scientific" love for cars and bikes, with an unmatched talent for the Hebrew language.

Alas, Shavit died doing what he did best, while riding on his motorcylce on an exit from the Ayalon highway, he had been tackled by a car that suddenly came out of the right-hand shoulder, where it was stationed for a suspected mechanical malfunction. Due to the narrow shoulder in place, the driver made a bad choice to move towards the left-side shoulder, a move made unattetivelly as to cost in the life of one of the founders of the Israeli motorsport, and a man who all who ever liked motoring in Israel knew and admired, no matter how well their acquitance was.

Friend of the wheel, the Israeli motoring community will never be the same without you! Rest in Peace.

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4036707,00.html
Old 03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eric

Thanks for sharing. Sorry for the loss.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Defender of the Porsche Faith

Rest in peace. Sorry to read this.
2003 Mini Cooper S