Go Back   Trackpedia Discussion Forums > North American Tracks > Canadian Tracks > Circuit Mont-Tremblant

Old 07-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Inches from disaster, millimeters from ecstasy.

Default TW at LCMT, part V.

Fantastic three days at one of the finest race tracks in North America. This was my fifth trip to the circuit and I'm slowly starting to get it. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone by putting up a video of what a DE enduro looks like and show some pretty fair laps around Le Circuit. Starts geawd awfully slow but picks up to a pretty good pace (a bunch of 1:53s wrapping my best at 1:52.665). I was being dogged by and then kept chasing my good friend Mr. Norek in his 997 GT3. Tires were NT01s, the GT3 was on Hoosiers. I think I won the corners and lost the straights. In any case, incredibly exhilarating! I would rate the fun factor of this session higher than the first time I slept with wife #1.

The video is here.

Lap and split times below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LCMT Enduro Lap times.jpg (222.1 KB, 1 views)
'10 GTI 'Seb'
'09' WRX 'Taku'
03 F250 'Big Blue'
'05 Trailex Enclosed

My out of date web site
Motto: "If you pass me, its the car. If I pass you, its the driver."
NER-PCA AX Chair
SCCA Member
BMWCCA Member
NASA Member
COM Member
Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Defender of the Porsche Faith

A 1:52.66! That's Cup Car territory. Nice job buddy.
2003 Mini Cooper S
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 AM

Thanks Bro!
Actually got around a 993 Supercup in that session. I was especially pleased with the consistency of my lap times, once I got going. Certainly more than a few mistakes in the vid, but overall it was the best session I've ever done. Between Michael and I, hopefully it will be helpful for advanced drivers looking for lines around LCMT.
'10 GTI 'Seb'
'09' WRX 'Taku'
03 F250 'Big Blue'
'05 Trailex Enclosed

My out of date web site
NER-PCA AX Chair
SCCA Member
BMWCCA Member
NASA Member
COM Member
Old 07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Lead foot Stecher

Sweet video TW. I like how they simulated a race start to get you going but then everyone was pointing by.

I can't believe how much feedback the car is giving you through the steering wheel. Watching your yellow tape in all the turns your getting a good deal of tire talk which is cool but I gotta imagine you were a little tired after the 30 was up.

Great laps towards the end there...that hairpin turn before SF looks to just be a damn bear no matter how clean a line you can run.

Sweet stuff and made my afternoon worth while when i was sitting on a meeting here.

http://www.trackpedia.com
My Blog: http://www.trackpedia.com/blogs/john
Old 07-14-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstecher View Post
Sweet video TW. I like how they simulated a race start to get you going but then everyone was pointing by.

I can't believe how much feedback the car is giving you through the steering wheel. Watching your yellow tape in all the turns your getting a good deal of tire talk which is cool but I gotta imagine you were a little tired after the 30 was up.

Great laps towards the end there...that hairpin turn before SF looks to just be a damn bear no matter how clean a line you can run.

Sweet stuff and made my afternoon worth while when i was sitting on a meeting here.
Yeah it is a little all prancy dancy at the start, quite ironic that the first enduro lap is alway the slowest of the weekend. OTOH, it makes it fair as all the posers are up front, so that way they get a shot at getting enough lead time that we cant get to them before they pit. Sadly, for them, they didnt make it this year

As for the cantankerous one, after so many years of ridin' dat dog, it can buck and squirm all it do want, but its just gonna do what I tells 'em. 'Til o'course, he don't. So yeah he does lack somewhat in the creature comfort department. Biggest thing, which I'm rectifying as we speak, is not having a cool shirt system. Going down to NJMP 8/2-4 and given how hot and humid it is down there, I'm finally putting one in. The car wrestles with me a bit, but its really the cockpit heat that makes it so hard to drive for extended sessions.

The right hander before SF is called Namerow. Its not a fast turn, I think I get down to below 40 on entry, but it is an exercise in patience. When you do it right its a blast as the car is sliding sideways down the hill as you're feeding in the power, it hooks up and you just rocket out of the corner, so its actually quite fun. The whole track is pretty technical, but the real challenge is for most of us haivng the stones through 1-2-3 up and over the hill. Its hard to tell in the vid, but the car get pitched fairly hard at the top of the hill (T2) and I suspect that there are moments where the right front is off the ground a bit. I think this was the first year there that I actually got a little more comfortable with that and started to move pretty good over the hill. I think there might still be as much as another second or two in that set of corners for me.

In any case, I'm exceedingly pleased that you enjoyed the vid (as I did yours with the Stohr as well..thats how I discovered vimeo, BTW). Thanks for the kind words!
'10 GTI 'Seb'
'09' WRX 'Taku'
03 F250 'Big Blue'
'05 Trailex Enclosed

My out of date web site
NER-PCA AX Chair
SCCA Member
BMWCCA Member
NASA Member
COM Member