Go Back   Trackpedia Discussion Forums > Track Days, AutoX and Racing > AutoX

Old 11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Defender of the Porsche Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post

However, it was still kinda lame, sit there all day and only get 8 runs (aka about 8-10 minutes of driving) for $50 or so. The dollars-per-minute of track time is actually far worse at an Autox than any HPDE. I'm never gonna do any parking lot racing in the future, I'd much rather spend money doing BIR and RA and other nearby "real tracks".
Guess its not for everybody. (and I live less than 10 miles from the site.)$25.00-30.00 bucks gets you about 8 runs on a course that is always longer than a mile. On good days we are done by 3 pm and we have O'hanlons Pub in DT Ayer MA aka "the house of glug glug" for post event bench racing. We have many drivers who have to drive 90 miles or more to events, including the occasional driver from Maine, RI, and CT to boot.

Eric, if you don't trust the 944 beg or borrow a trailer and give it a shot. Good luck getting something set up locally. From the number of forum members from Rochester and nearby you already have a base to work from. NOW, that would make for some interesting Monday morning posting.
2003 Mini Cooper S
Old 11-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo6 View Post
Eric, if you don't trust the 944 beg or borrow a trailer and give it a shot. Good luck getting something set up locally. From the number of forum members from Rochester and nearby you already have a base to work from. NOW, that would make for some interesting Monday morning posting.
Ah... I didn't trust the Spitfire to drive that far. Without overdrive, that's a long harsh trip, and it's never driven that far without breaking something. (That's how you sort it out, eh??) I got the 944 after that thread started, and I didn't take the 944 there as I didn't want to break anything before BIR... that was the motherlode for me, and I was saving up for that. I do think I will try for some AXs in Minneapolis and LaCrosse this year. Perhaps I can drag some Rochester Trackpedia-ites along, and maybe hook up with some of our Cities colleages.

I'd still like to get one in Rochester... just to grow the interest... but RCTC is about the only place I've seen with enough asphalt, and they're not gung-ho.

When I hit the lottery, I have a plan, until then, I guess I need to find a couple dozen people interested in ponying up $100,000 to join a motorsports club in southern Minnesota!!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Defender of the Porsche Faith

Ah, the Spitfire, I get it now.
2003 Mini Cooper S
Old 11-15-2006, 12:44 PM
At 10/10ths

Send a message via AIM to kbrew8991

it is pretty useful for getting yourself in the right mindset to learn new tracks and such

cost/time is tough to get close to with anything outside of trackdays....

Ken Brewer
1991 Toyota MR2 NA - time trialer retired to street car duty
1994 Toyota MR2 NA - former SSB car, building for NASA PT & SCCA IT
2010 Mazda RX8 R3 - gf's daily, SCCA C-Stock Autocross
Old 11-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Green Group

Agreed. I enjoy autocrossing the same way I enjoy arrive-and-drive karting... that is, "all seat time is good seat time" especially when there's not a track event going on that weekend.

Jon
Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 PM
At 10/10ths

Send a message via AIM to kbrew8991

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfast View Post
Agreed. I enjoy autocrossing the same way I enjoy arrive-and-drive karting... that is, "all seat time is good seat time" especially when there's not a track event going on that weekend.

Jon
which is why I'm dusting off my Hoosier As and going to an SCCA autox this weekend

Ken Brewer
1991 Toyota MR2 NA - time trialer retired to street car duty
1994 Toyota MR2 NA - former SSB car, building for NASA PT & SCCA IT
2010 Mazda RX8 R3 - gf's daily, SCCA C-Stock Autocross