PDA

View Full Version : Best series for class B iracing?

billy
05-27-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm thinking of the daytona prototype or Radical mixed series. Anyone else try these cars yet?

Stack
05-28-2010, 07:42 AM
I haven't been on it enough to base my opinion on the racing action... but I absolutely love the Lotus.

That said... the few times I raced, I was extremely slow compared to the competition, and the closing speeds/speed differentials were incredible.

billy
05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
That Lotus is definitely a hard car to drive once the RPMs rise :) Then it doesn't want to stop, least with me driving it...

I'm in the vette right now cause Road America is the track this week. I think I'll do a couple of races in that for sure, helps to know the track. Still, quite a bit off the pace though, 2:07 for me with fast guys at 2:01. The stupid thing about Road America is most of that 6 seconds is T1 and the carosel. I think John worked out that Mark (Repka) takes 3 seconds out of me just on the carosel to Canada sequence in our 944 spec cars. It's a really long high speed section starting at the Carosel.

Stack
05-28-2010, 08:04 AM
When will you be online tonight or this weekend? If I can arrange it, feel like doing some practice laps?

I love RA, and the vette has gotten SOO much easier to drive after the last couple updates.

billy
05-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I'll be on and off during the evening, probably around 8pm central. Agreed, the changes to the vette make it much more drivable lately.

Stack
05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Cool... I'll shoot you an email if it looks like I can get online, maybe we can coordinate something.

Stack
06-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Billy... what series did you decide to go with?

I think I'm settled on the Radical/DP... driving the Radical. I had a great run at The Glen the other night... 2nd in class, 5th overall (even when sputtering across the line with .1 gal of fuel left !)

The next few races are sweet too... Barber, Road America, Road Atlanta, Mosport, Infineon, Indy. Tres cool!!

And if I plan, even with the new baby, I can get some quality time on the sim. :D

Stack
06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
In case anyone is online tonight, I'll be doing some Radical practice during session #349 (will be logging in an about 5 minutes)

-Stacy