PDA

View Full Version : SRF in iRacing

gantmaniac
04-15-2009, 10:18 AM
First picture of the upcoming SRF in iRacing. :D

Stack
04-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Very cool! Where'd you find that?

I'm actually more excited about the announcement today about the FR500S and GT-R (Ford GT Racer... not Nissan GT-R)

-Stacy

gantmaniac
04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
It was on page 2 of this (http://members.iracing.com/iforum/thread.jspa?threadID=32175&tstart=0) thread

Mike_B
04-16-2009, 08:22 PM
We can only get to that thread if we have a current account. :(

gantmaniac
04-16-2009, 08:39 PM
We can only get to that thread if we have a current account. :(
Sorry, Stack asked the question and I know he is a member of iRacing. FYI, if you get Autoweek, they are having a promo for 3 months of iRacing for $25, which I believe is an awesome deal. The SRF should be released within the next two weeks.

Mike_B
04-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry, Stack asked the question and I know he is a member of iRacing. FYI, if you get Autoweek, they are having a promo for 3 months of iRacing for $25, which I believe is an awesome deal. The SRF should be released within the next two weeks.

The Mustang and the GT40 GT2 car are as exciting as this. C'mon Porsche!

kishg
04-17-2009, 08:01 PM
The Mustang and the GT40 GT2 car are as exciting as this. C'mon Porsche!

where's the bmw ? :)

gantmaniac
04-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Here is a video of the SRF at Infineon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAVSYkah_XU&fmt=22

Any day now this car should be released...

Stack
04-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Released yesterday ... OMG what a blast to drive. rFactor has it decent, but the iRacing version is just a joy to drive. They've made it an "advanced rookie" car, so settings are very limited (tire pressures, camber, spring perch, & roll bar adjustments are about it. Best part is... THE CAR IS FREE!!!

Here's a video of it in action (view changes a few times for different perspectives)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejc0YnylE4E&fmt=22

gantmaniac
04-29-2009, 08:47 AM
They are definately a blast to drive! I haven't driven the SRF in rFactor, but these are really a handful to drive at the limits. I practiced a little bit last night but didn't have a great setup and then jumped into the DP at Laguna...what a difference! :)

Mike_B
04-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Damn. That's nice. Great video. I may be back in iRacing sooner than I expected.

Mossie
04-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Anyone want $10 free iracing bucks?, I think I'm going to give iracing a try, it looks like fun, I can't resist. PM me your email, I'll say you referred me. (you must be a member of iracing). After the last srf series here at Trackpedia (lots of fun thanks guys). I had a major computer crash, replaced it with a intel duo and a geforce 9800, only to find the circuit board for my home made pedals wouldn't work with vista64 (doh!). The guy that made the board updated the firmware for free, but it took a while. Now it runs great, over 150 fps no matter what. So, I think I'm gonna give iracing a 3 month try.:shift:

Mossie
04-30-2009, 11:26 AM
And the ten goes to Stack!, hope to see you on the track man, those SRF's look really cool, I may try the formula mazda too :cheers:

Stack
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
And the ten goes to Stack!, hope to see you on the track man, those SRF's look really cool, I may try the formula mazda too :cheers:

:rockon: Road Atlanta, here I come!! :D

The Mazdas kick ass ... I played around with the steering until I found a degree that was comfortable, but most of the time you'll want 900 degree rotation on everything (the game compensates to keep the cars realistic) When I switch from iRacing to Rfactor, I adjust my G25 to 270 rotation from 900.

Mossie
04-30-2009, 12:15 PM
:rockon: Road Atlanta, here I come!! :D

The Mazdas kick ass ... I played around with the steering until I found a degree that was comfortable, but most of the time you'll want 900 degree rotation on everything (the game compensates to keep the cars realistic) When I switch from iRacing to Rfactor, I adjust my G25 to 270 rotation from 900.

Cool, I'm signed up now, it recognized your email no prob, I'll set my G25 to 900.:rockon:

HawkBat
04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I might have to give iRacing a try now. SCCA members get a 50% discount I found out. Just have to wait till school is over. Come on window's 7, no point in building a new setup till the new OS is out.

Stack
04-30-2009, 01:51 PM
If anyone is not an SCCA member ... PM me to find out how I can get you 50% off of a 3-month membership now through the end of May :D

Ooops... thats an iRacing membership for 50% off, not an SCCA membership!!

Mike_B
05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
If anyone is not an SCCA member ... PM me to find out how I can get you 50% off of a 3-month membership now through the end of May :D

Ooops... thats an iRacing membership for 50% off, not an SCCA membership!!

Damn. I can't resub as they still don't have a sports car progression through the licenses.

Stack
05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Damn. I can't resub as they still don't have a sports car progression through the licenses.

It'll be a while before we get TWO cars for every license level unfortunately. But the cars ARE coming... as was posted before (I think here)...

VW TDI Jetta
Mustang
Ford GT
Corvette C6-R

Mike_B
05-01-2009, 04:32 PM
It'll be a while before we get TWO cars for every license level unfortunately. But the cars ARE coming... as was posted before (I think here)...

VW TDI Jetta
Mustang
Ford GT
Corvette C6-R

Yeah. I know. When I quit it was because they kept saying, "We can't split the road racing into sports cars and open-wheel until we get enough subscribers." So I decided that I wasn't going to wait around for that day as a paying subscriber. So I can't come back until there is a sports car progression. <sigh>

HawkBat
05-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I am so tempted to join and try it out this summer. Just afraid I will make myself broke buying up content.

Stack
05-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I am so tempted to join and try it out this summer. Just afraid I will make myself broke buying up content.

As your dealer, :p , I say it can be done! Especially now that iRacing is the official racing simulator of the SCCA ... Remeber ... the SRF is INCLUDED in the basic subscription and content. You also get Laguna Seca and Lime Rock (or is it Summit Point?) included. So you can have lots of fun without having to buy new stuff.

I mean yeah, you're going to be tempted... but what's $20 here, or $15 there? ;)

Yew cahn dooo eeeet!! :D

Mike_B
05-11-2009, 10:02 AM
You also get Laguna Seca and Lime Rock (or is it Summit Point?) included.

You definitely get Laguna and LRP free.

HawkBat
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I mean yeah, you're going to be tempted... but what's $20 here, or $15 there? ;)

Yew cahn dooo eeeet!! :D

hmmm that money....food money and gas money go to go real racing? :)

Why did this offer have to come out now..why not in the winter, when I don't go anywhere. But nnoo the deal happens during the summer, when I go out and socialize, and attempt to meet girls. :) I will prob join stack..when is the other story.