PDA

View Full Version : Spring Series

Bob McCown
12-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I know we're not even half way through the winter series, but I wanted to put my vote in for the vehicles for next season.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Trucks%20Series%20Racing

Mike_B
12-04-2008, 11:46 PM
My vote (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Chevrolet%20Corvette%20C6)

HawkBat
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
bob the truck are actually a Blast to drive. I did it once, been meaning to install it.

Bob McCown
12-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I cant get them to drive correctly. They act like they have a mind of their own, turning in circles and stuff, its nearly impossible to drive them.

Doug Carter
12-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Spec cars rule... how about open wheel 1600s (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rF1600)?

Or even Osella prototype cars (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Osella%20T2R%20Minichamp)?

Bob McCown
12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Or some classics

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=1955%20F1

or

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Gasoline%20Alley

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Spirit%20of%2076

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Historic%20GT%20%26%20Touring%20Cars

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=2CV%20Championship

f2000keith
12-05-2008, 05:20 PM
You guys are obviously all over the place so we'll have to keep it a dictatorship. :D

Bob McCown
12-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Spec Tricycles?

Mossie
12-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Or some classics

BTW... I just noticed... vintage Formula one at Laguna (monterey historics) on the speed channel tomorrow morning.

HawkBat
12-05-2008, 07:18 PM
You guys are obviously all over the place so we'll have to keep it a dictatorship. :D

What if we want to rebel, lol.

For open wheel cars there are a few good choices. the FF mod seemed ok, there is also the new 07 champ car. But I am thinking we want to keep it simple.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=2007%20Champ%20Car%20World%20Series

I have also liked driving the 05 Toyota Atlantics. IDT is working on the Mazda Atlantics.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=2005%20Toyota%20Atlantics

There is also the Porsche GT3 Cup very good mod also.
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=PCC%202007

And dare I suggest the Porsche Fabcar.

Just a few ideas. Be nice to drive something that might not be so reliant on momentum or something I don't know.

Grintch
12-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Or some classics

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Historic%20GT%20%26%20Touring%20Cars

I second the vote for the HistorX Historic Touring & GT Mod. They are fun to drive, lots of 4 wheel drifts and driving sideways with the throttle.

The Osella prototypes look interesting too. Be a natural progression from the SRF.

Matthew Inge
12-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I tried the Atlantic mod and it worked awesome except there was no Volume. Anyway, i think we should do FBMW or just keep it simple with touring cars. lol

HawkBat
12-07-2008, 12:52 PM
No Volume with the Atlantic's? Did you not have the sound file in the correct location or something?

Keeping it simple I guess is a good idea, though I make simple things not simple lol.

Remember that some mods require you to have a game DVD from another game. They make modes from the files of other games and they have confirmation of product to use the mod.

Doug Carter
12-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I would also offer up the idea to do one race every 2 weeks with fewer tracks (the good ones). It would be nice to get a bit more track time in on some of the tracks some of us have never seen before.

Though, in the spring, I'm going to be a lot busier than I am now... :D

f2000keith
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah, John and I have experienced that the demand for a Spring league is much lower. Considering that this league will take us through to March we may just have some "time attack" things set up for people to run at their leisure instead of another league like we did this past Spring with the Nurburgring. It's not worth our time to try and get another league going only to have 3 or 4 people consistently showing up mid way through the league. I'm thinking we can do some fun runs in one of the better gokart mods or have a time attack for LeMans. Whomever wants to test out iRacing can do that this Spring as well cause I think I may do that if I'm not burned out from the league.

HawkBat
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I was also wondering if we might try out victory weight in some form to try to keep the rabbits on a leash?

Ok Keith posted just as I was. After reading his comment I think the time attack would be fun. The kart mods are fun. Or dare I say it have some multi-class fun or something I don't know the insane thoughts are starting to brew in my head.

Grintch
12-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I was also wondering if we might try out victory weight in some form to try to keep the rabbits on a leash?

Ok Keith posted just as I was. After reading his comment I think the time attack would be fun. The kart mods are fun. Or dare I say it have some multi-class fun or something I don't know the insane thoughts are starting to brew in my head.

The SRF is the first mod I have seen that supports "rewards weight", and I don't think there is anyway to prove you did or did not run it. It might be easier to run a multicar type mod (like Historic Touring & GT) and adjust what cars are allowed to be run. In both the TC65 & GT65 there is a 4 second or more difference between the fastest and slowest car type.

f2000keith
12-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't think there is anyway to prove you did or did not run it.

Weight penalties can be pushed form the server admin when everyone is online. In the race report it also shows if someone had a weight penalty. It can be done, but we went this long with Skeen and Mossie kicking our butts... Maybe next time around.

Grintch
12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Weight penalties can be pushed form the server admin when everyone is online. In the race report it also shows if someone had a weight penalty. It can be done, but we went this long with Skeen and Mossie kicking our butts... Maybe next time around.

Can this be done with all mods? Or just those with built in reward weight support?

Its still fun to outrun 500hp 427 Cobra's in a little 160hp Lotus Elan.

f2000keith
12-13-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure if it can be done with all mods or not since I was only made aware of it when we started racing the SRF mod. It'd be interesting to check out though.

trackaddict
12-13-2008, 12:39 PM
The BMW E20 mod would be a blast.

GPzMike
12-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Howdy fellas,

I'm new to trackpedia and was actually here looking for setup advice and stumbled across this thread.

Is there any room in your league for another racer? I saw some posts about server lag troubles and perhaps limiting entrants so I'm not sure if you are 'open for fresh meat' or not.

I'm a mid-packer and have only had positive feedback about my racing style and gentlemanly car handling.

Cheers!
Michael

f2000keith
12-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Michael, I have a feeling after the race last night that there may be plenty of open spots being available due to some disgruntled people who got booted last night. Feel free to join us.

jstecher
12-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Michael we would love to have ya come race. :)

Everyone else I like the idea of putting the server up for hotlaps over the summer with a variety of different cars but in all honesty like Keith said since a bunch of us are racers we are at the track or preping the car so time away from family is limited.

Keep thinking about what cars you want for next season. I believe I will keep this a dictatorship but it doesn't mean I am not open for suggestions. SPEC simple cars are the way to go cause the more complex the car gets the bigger the difference in speed between folks racing is cause setup starts to matter a ton.

Warpedcow
12-17-2008, 02:34 PM
My vote goes for Touring Cars of some sort next year. Whichever mod is best. Isn't the BTCC one pretty good?

Mike_B
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
My vote goes for Touring Cars of some sort next year. Whichever mod is best. Isn't the BTCC one pretty good?

Agreed about the touring cars. It'd be nice to have a mod that supports real feel and is as full-featured as possible.

GPzMike
12-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks, guys.

Regarding getting bumped and lag...I read an article about how long it takes to process and send the info about cars crashing to all the player computers and the trouble that causes with warping (cannot seem to find that darn article...grr). Basically it said that it takes, at optimum, .2 (I think that was the number ...dagnabbit...where is that article!) of a second for 1 crashing car to be updated to everyone and that in the meantime each users computer is doing it's best to 'guess' what's happening to the car given the last known positions/physics snapshot. In the moment of guessing, if the crashing driver decides to do something about his crash like try and recover (which takes another .2!), then he's in a totally different position than everyones computers are projecting. And so the circle goes. Now multiply that by 10 cars!

I use FSAutoStart (pretty sure its at rfcentral) to turn off all the crud that's running on my computer while playing rFactor: virus software, auto updaters, many processes...it's cool because once you quit the game they all start right back up for you.

Also, I know that while I like driving in cockpit mode for the realism, my framerate jumps up an average of 10fps when I'm in nose view. I don't understand why...seem to me that drawing all that track and moving stuff across the entire screen rather than just out of the windshield should make for a faster fps in cockpit mode.

Point is, if everyone is in cockpit mode with their virus software and stuff running, then I've got to wonder if that isn't eating into the processing power of everyone's computer and adding to the lag/warp/bump stuff. Perhaps some testing in this matter is in order?

Geeze, listen to me...what a know it all *ick I sound like. Y'all have probably gone through all of this and I'm just looking like a twit. hahahahha

GPzMike
12-17-2008, 03:59 PM
bmw 320_e21
caterham
NAGT
pretty sure these are all great realfeel cars, too

Warpedcow
12-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Also, I know that while I like driving in cockpit mode for the realism, my framerate jumps up an average of 10fps when I'm in nose view. I don't understand why...seem to me that drawing all that track and moving stuff across the entire screen rather than just out of the windshield should make for a faster fps in cockpit mode.

The reason for this is that rFactor has shitty occlusion culling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occlusion_culling#Occlusion_culling).

For dealing with background apps/processes, for those with multi-core machines, I suggest an app called "process lasso". It easily lets you run all processes on certain cores rather than all, allowing you to "reserve" other cores for rFactor.

But honestly I usually don't even bother doing that. I generally just pause my World Community Grid app before running rFactor. All my 90+ other processes (using over half my 4GB of RAM stay running) Even if I forget to pause WCG I rarely notice any hiccups anyway. I guess 3Ghz times 4 cores helps :D

GPzMike
12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I guess 3Ghz times 4 cores helps :D

:bow:

Mike_B
12-18-2008, 02:20 PM
For dealing with background apps/processes, for those with multi-core machines, I suggest an app called "process lasso". It easily lets you run all processes on certain cores rather than all, allowing you to "reserve" other cores for rFactor.

I'm gonna give this a try. I've got it installed, but it isn't intuitive how to set it up for rfactor. Guess I have some reading to do.

Grintch
12-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Ok, here are some updated SRF physics files to address some inaccuracies in the 2.2 Mod. So you guys can play with them to see if we might want to use these in the future. Note they will cause mismatches in multiplayer because they don't match the 2.2 files on the server. I have a separate rFactor installation that I run it in.

Doug Carter
12-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey Bruce, what was changed? How different is the car now?

Grintch
12-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Hey Bruce, what was changed? How different is the car now?

Changes:
New standard 5th gear, old (taller) one still available as an option - just as in the real world

Shocks have rebound adjustment (like real cars)

Power curve matched to average from the tests of the field at the 2007 runoffs (9 more peak hp)

Redline changed to be more realistic. SRF doesn't have a rev limiter, is safe for occasional runs to 7000rpm. Best shift point is generally between 5500 - 6000rpm

Weight increased to match weight of real car & distribution adjusted

Anti roll bar changed to rate based (bar is 5/8", with adjustment based on leverage arm length, not diameter) - rates base on Mumford Brothers measurements

The wheel base & track are also wrong, but I didn't mess with that as I was afraid to screw up the 3D model.

In limited testing the lap times are similar, the increased HP & better gearing canceled out by increased weight. But the car has more tuning range and is a little livelier handling. If we wanted a faster car I could use the best HP of the '07 Runoff cars (maybe 5 or 10 more hp) and use the weight without driver (most of the mod guys say use the weight with driver, but there is not 100% agreement on it).

jstecher
12-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Damn this produces a really interesting upgrade to the cars. I would give anything to have it handle a little better. :) I just don't know how successful we would be at rolling this upgrade out give the number of racers that don't show up every week.

GPzMike
12-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Can someone point the way to the base mod for this 'slight alteration'?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Michael

jstecher
12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
The base mod would be the one on the wiki site that we are using in our season here.

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Trackpedia_rFactor_Challenge#The_Car

Grintch
12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Damn this produces a really interesting upgrade to the cars. I would give anything to have it handle a little better. :) I just don't know how successful we would be at rolling this upgrade out give the number of racers that don't show up every week.

That's why it is in the Spring series thread. I didn't think we would want to do a mid season change.

And in case GPz's question was about where these files go, they would replace the current files of the same name in the ...rfactor\gamedata\vehicles\srf directory.

Backup the current files or better yet use a separate rFactor & SRF mod installation for testing (you don't need an additional activation).

tifosi
12-31-2008, 05:34 PM
I'd like to see if we can try the new file. It's about 1/2 way through the season if we end up re-doing Road Atlanta. I know of people who might enjoy having their own paint jobs and I have dug around and found 25 e-mail addresses of the 30 who have run so far this year. Three that I am missing are frequent forum people so that leaves 2 unaccounted for and one of those is listed in the points with a zero total. The other one didn't like it here anyway. We could give everyone a shout and see what they think about the new file and some additional paint jobs. Whaddya think?

Bob McCown
12-31-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd be OK with it.

jstecher
12-31-2008, 06:05 PM
I'd be game Dave. Will you open another thread posing the question?

tifosi
12-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Your wish is my command Sahib.:bow::bow::bow:

Stack
01-08-2009, 07:09 AM
As far as keeping the series spec ... can't the server push setups as well as other things? I know thats what Rfactor is doing with the Panoz promotion thing. Maybe have someone trusted come up with a relatively neutral setup for the Panoz, or the Cup Cars, and lets have some fender racing with some decent speed and visibility!! :clap::clap::clap:

Pretty Please?!

Mike_B
01-08-2009, 10:28 AM
As far as keeping the series spec ... can't the server push setups as well as other things? I know thats what Rfactor is doing with the Panoz promotion thing. Maybe have someone trusted come up with a relatively neutral setup for the Panoz, or the Cup Cars, and lets have some fender racing with some decent speed and visibility!! :clap::clap::clap:

Pretty Please?!

I would love a series with a set setup.

HawkBat
01-08-2009, 01:01 PM
A standard setup might be good, for more technical cars. Say Porsche Cup?

Skeen
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
IIRC, the default setup for the 997 Cup cars is pretty good once you change the brake bias. Would be pretty easy in that regard. Cars are a bit more of a handful than the SRFs though.

f2000keith
01-08-2009, 04:33 PM
It may happen, but we've tried to meet requests (cars, tracks, etc..) before only to have people who made requests like that drop from the league in the past. I don't know who we would leave it up to in order to make a neutral setup that everyone else would have to adapt to (leaving the creator an advantage since they catered it to their liking). For the most part, I personally can't drive other people's setups comfortably and I'm sure I'm not alone. It's food for thought though and I'd like to see how many people would be up for it. If we got the same turnout we are getting with the SRF mod, it'd definitely be something to consider.

Doug Carter
01-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Obviously, a car with limited power and limited tuning options like we have now is a big draw. Even over the holidays at a few unknown tracks, the turnout has been awesome for a SIM league.

Something to consider.

Now, if that Formula Ford mod was available... ;)

Grintch
01-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't know who we would leave it up to in order to make a neutral setup that everyone else would have to adapt to (leaving the creator an advantage since they catered it to their liking). For the most part, I personally can't drive other people's setups comfortably and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I agree, I don't like driving other peoples setup. For one thing, a good setup depends on your controller. And different people like different understeer/oversteer balances in their cars. In my experience, once you find a good setup you like - it generally transfers pretty well to other tracks. So the setup development time falls way off after the first track or two (although you may need a separate setup for high speed open track, and slow tight tracks).

The amount of setup changes varies widely by Mod, so if you want limited adjustability, that can be a factor in selecting the Mod used for the series. Personally I like tweaking the SIM cars, its sooo much faster, cleaner, and easier than working on the real thing. And you never drop anything on your foot or burn your hands.

Mike_B
01-08-2009, 09:06 PM
The way I look at it is, if I can drive somebody else's setup (which, in theory isn't optimal for me), I should be able to drive a personalize setup much better. So I look at as great training.

Doug Carter
01-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I would tend to not want to drive someone else's setup.

It's not something I would do in real life, and doing it in a SIM would just make me miserable. I wouldn't continue to drive a real race car that sucked if I knew how to make it better for me to drive (or faster). Learning how to drive something that doesn't suit you doesn't make you faster, it just instills bad habits.

Keith and I both know well enough that what works for one rarely works for someone else. We can change cars or setups with ANYTHING we have ever raced, and the result is always the same—we each get out of the other's ride saying, "damn that thing is a piece of shit, how do you drive that crap?" Generally, we both run identical lap times with anything we have ever done, too. Go figure.

Fixed setups would keep me away, more than likely.

Stack
01-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Guys, guys, guys! I'm not saying you can't change ANYthing ... maybe the way I worded my SUGGESTION was a little strong, sorry about that.

But I want a car with some friggin' OOOMMPF man! And a car that won't immediately go "askew on the treadle" after the slightest tap from a neighbor (or two)... or the occasional self-inflicted brain fade.

Thing is... most of those cars have a seemingly infinite number of things you can tweak. I'm just saying lets limit what we can change to the "normal" stuff" similar to whats available on the SRF.

Mike_B
01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
It's not something I would do in real life, and doing it in a SIM would just make me miserable. I wouldn't continue to drive a real race car that sucked if I knew how to make it better for me to drive (or faster). Learning how to drive something that doesn't suit you doesn't make you faster, it just instills bad habits.

Ah. See. I forgot that you are an open-wheel guy. Sports car guys do have to learn to drive somebody else's setup because in endurance races they share the car. I'm a sports car guy.

Doug Carter
01-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Eeeew, yeah, I hate driving someone else's crap setup. Unless it was a perfectly neutral setup I wouldn't bother.

Stack
01-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Eeeew, yeah, I hate driving someone else's crap setup. Unless it was a perfectly neutral setup I wouldn't bother.

My gut, when I suggested this originally, was to let Skeen do the setup, since anytime he's asked, it seems he's never tweaking the default set up much... but at the same time, I trust him to know if there are things from default that could or should be done to make a more neutral handling car.

The whole point is to reduce the amount of time needed to "test & tune" and increase the amount of seat time to simply learn the car and the track... same as it is now... I just want something a little more "realistic" or "closer to home" feeling than the SRFs (since chances are I'll never experience one.)

Hanewf_83
01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
If I ever get decent internet, I like the idea of a faster car with limited setup options (Wing and brake ballance for sure, then maybe suspension and tires) and stick with even stock settings beyond that.
I can't stand driving a full spec setup or anything else that someone else develops in a sim or in real life, with the latter almost driving me (further) insane last season.
(Some people know how I like my cars)

HawkBat
01-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I like the idea of limiting what we can tweek and stuff. The only cars I know how to tweak that are complex are an ALMS prototype, maybe its just from seeing them a lot or talking with drivers in the paddock. all other cars I use the basic tweek mode. I would also like a car with maybe a tad more umph like stack. I will be up for any car we race.

Mike_B
01-09-2009, 03:57 PM
The whole point is to reduce the amount of time needed to "test & tune" and increase the amount of seat time to simply learn the car and the track... same as it is now... I just want something a little more "realistic" or "closer to home" feeling than the SRFs (since chances are I'll never experience one.)

I generally don't waste my time on the track until somebody posts a setup.

Doug Carter
01-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I generally don't waste my time on the track until somebody posts a setup.

Way to work for it, Mike. :p :D

Mike_B
01-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Way to work for it, Mike. :p :D

Heh. I know I'm useless at creating setups. I don't have the experience to feel the differences yet.

Doug Carter
01-10-2009, 07:58 AM
The thing is with these cars, the setups have been virtually the same on each track for the last 7 or 8 races. With the exception of RA, I think my car was almost identical at each track since Eastern Creek.

Like Skeen, my setups have been full stiff in the rear, full soft in the front, .5 more PSI in the front tires than the rear, 1.8° caster (more if you need more high speed steering, less for low speed steering), full camber in fronts (4°) and usually 3.3 to 3.6° in the rear, depending on how it's coming off the corners for me.

At each track, I adjust PSI (maybe), caster and maybe rear camber, and then brake bias on track. That's it, and even those might only go up or down one or two clicks from my default setup.

Anything more that that just messes up the balance of the car and makes it too hard to drive.

Back to the Spring Series discussion...

HawkBat
01-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Demolition Derby? I think that is something we can all do pretty well. :cheers:

Do we have any idea of what the tracks might be? Are you looking for suggestions? I was also thinking that maybe as a send off to the season, we might want to have a little fun with SRF at on the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Mike_B
01-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey Doug. It was cool running into your today at Northstar Motorsports. I'm sorry I interrupted your sales pitch. I hope you got to talk to her about it later. If not, you should get ahold of John and pitch it to him.

Did you have any idea who I was? heh

Doug Carter
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Heheh, no, I knew who you were, but at that exact moment everything seemed to be happening at one time. LOL. I'll complete the sales pitch this week, I think. I was just warning them up. :D

What are the odds, though? If I said, "hey, I'll meet you there Saturday," there was little or no chance to be in there in a snowstorm at the exact same time.

No worries, I was in helmet mode and you were knee deep in seat stuff, and there was a lot going on that was tough to pay attention to.

You should make it to the ApexSpeed karting event—we'll have a little more time to chat. :)

d

HawkBat
01-10-2009, 08:22 PM
I am amazed you actually made it with this weather we have had. So good experience for both of you with northstar?

Doug Carter
01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Old school 4wd has it's advantages. ;)

Yeah, cool place. A lot like the old BEST racing out in the western suburbs many years ago. Was hoping they carried Alpinestars suits, too, but no. Sparco at least, so that helps.

And they had the lid that I wanted, too... :D Made braving the weather all worth it. And happily, Kim didn't go into labor on the way. :D :D :clap:

HawkBat
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
LOL well that's good. I will have to hop on over there to check out my suit sizes and a helmet size. Like to get a white suit for working this year. But back on to spring series. Spring.... what is this Spring we speak of.

Mike_B
01-10-2009, 11:14 PM
What are the odds, though? If I said, "hey, I'll meet you there Saturday," there was little or no chance to be in there in a snowstorm at the exact same time.

Yeah. You're right.

You should have been there in the fall. They do an open house on a Sunday. You get one item at 25% off, one at 15% off, and one at 10% off. I got a helmet and shoes. Plus they had beer and food. Very cool, and close to home for me.

Matt Newcombe
01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
How about the Grand Slam mod - still a work in progress, but it looks promising. http://www.rfactorcentral.com/videos/index.cfm?v=2w4S0ppTTj4&MID=1209

HawkBat
01-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Sorry based on grand am. The mod might be good but those turtles are... well offensive and turtles.

Stack
01-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Porsche Fabcar?

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/videos/index.cfm?v=gAoMaZoAAxU&MID=328

MOTR 2007, so it can't be all bad right?

Bob McCown
01-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Porsche Fabcar?

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/videos/index.cfm?v=gAoMaZoAAxU&MID=328

MOTR 2007, so it can't be all bad right?

Yea, those look nifty.

HawkBat
01-13-2009, 06:31 PM
What is with you people and grand am type cars. I haven't tired them yet but let me know how it is. I can't even consider a Daytona Prototype a Prototype, slower then Trans-Am cars.

On Apexspeed there is someone in the process of working on a FE car.

Stack
01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
What is with you people and grand am type cars. I haven't tired them yet but let me know how it is. I can't even consider a Daytona Prototype a Prototype, slower then Trans-Am cars.

On Apexspeed there is someone in the process of working on a FE car.

OK ... I downloaded and tried briefly the ProtoRacer mod and the Fabcar mod... and the Fabcar is head and shoulders nicer. Much better looking and sounding car, handling seems more realistic too (insofar as I know since obviously I've never driven one.)

To me a closed-cockpit car is just more immersive, and thats what I'm looking for.

Hanewf_83
01-13-2009, 08:18 PM
What is with you people and grand am type cars. I haven't tired them yet but let me know how it is. I can't even consider a Daytona Prototype a Prototype, slower then Trans-Am cars. Agreed there (Somewhat), on most tracks they have similar lap times to Star Mazda cars. The lack of overall speed is because of the specs developed to produce close racing. They are decent cars
OK ... I downloaded and tried briefly the ProtoRacer mod and the Fabcar mod... and the Fabcar is head and shoulders nicer. Much better looking and sounding car, handling seems more realistic too (insofar as I know since obviously I've never driven one.) To me a closed-cockpit car is just more immersive, and thats what I'm looking for.
I agree with the Fabcar, more HP with less cornering and braking ability, should make for better races and closer competition. Driving downforce is a hard concept to grasp especially for people who have never experienced it before in real life (As was the problem with the Atlantics). I also find that the FBMW and SRF cars raced in the past and current are too slow and tend to get boring on some tracks (to me at least).

Doug Carter
01-13-2009, 08:55 PM
The lack of overall speed is because of the specs developed to produce close racing. They are decent cars.

I also find that the FBMW and SRF cars raced in the past and current are too slow and tend to get boring on some tracks (to me at least).

Quite the contradiction there. ;)

Actually, speeds are completely irrelevant if you have 15+ cars on the same lap. The faster the cars are, the less likely you will have as many cars that are as competitive as we have had in this SRF league.

Slower cars almost always equals more competition, more participation, and less spread between the fast guys and the slow guys.

It works in ALL forms of racing.

Hanewf_83
01-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I tend to do that alot.
I think what I meant to say yesterday was that slower corner speeds, with longer braking zones allow for more passing opportunities and to an extent better racing, and the higher HP gives you more of a buffer to get out of limited trouble in the corners, yes the best will still be the best, but with more HP, momentum isn't as important (It still helps)

Stack
01-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Fabcar, Mid-O: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKPd3MKgHw

Bob McCown
01-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Fabcar, Mid-O: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvKPd3MKgHw

Vroom vroom

Skeen
01-15-2009, 10:16 AM
That looks like a disaster. I'm sure it's fun to play with, but not so good for a long race league. Notice how hot his tires were after just a few laps (he was still almost full of fuel, so he couldn't have done many laps before the video started). People will be flying off the road everywhere.

I'd say the 997s are about the fastest you'd want to have for this kind of series.

Stack
01-15-2009, 10:22 AM
That looks like a disaster. I'm sure it's fun to play with, but not so good for a long race league. Notice how hot his tires were after just a few laps (he was still almost full of fuel, so he couldn't have done many laps before the video started). People will be flying off the road everywhere.

I'd say the 997s are about the fastest you'd want to have for this kind of series.

And thus part of the challenge ;)

Seriously though, I really don't care. I wish I could have done more this season, but Tuesday nights just didn't seem to work out. Hell, I even forgot about it a few times :stupid:

HawkBat
01-15-2009, 07:55 PM

Preposterous! I want my Jet car!

Honestly we might have a new car option by the time this series is over. on Apexspeed, they are working on an Formula SCCA car. The front end is already done, who knows but he is knocking it out pretty fast.

Mike_B
01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
How are the Porsche Cup cars?

HawkBat
01-17-2009, 10:14 AM
The Porsche Cup cars are very good. The models are excellent. They can be a little tricky. I like them a lot just because The Porsche Cup in itself is a great series and fun to watch. Plus I love the sound of the cars. I wouldn't mind sticking with lower powered club cars for spring, just thought I throw out ideas and such.

Stack
01-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Anyone else tried the E90 series? They're doing another money contest using those cars and they are fun.

http://www.ne16.com/t/8268708/349889805/50639571/0/

calsrf39
01-25-2009, 09:51 AM
I like the E90 mod. I tested it a bit the other day and found the car pretty easy to just get in and be fairly fast. I also like the Porsche Super Cup cars but agree they might have a bit too much power, for me at least. Any lower hp formula cars would be fine by me too.

Mike_B
01-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Caterham? MX-5?

HawkBat
01-25-2009, 05:47 PM
All I know is that I shot myself in the foot with my class selection this semester. I have no idea how much time I will have for the league in spring.

tifosi
01-27-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Lawnmower%20Racing

Stack
01-27-2009, 01:30 PM
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Lawnmower%20Racing

What is it with you guys and open wheel ?!? :grumble:

LMAO ... thats pretty good though :clap:

Hanewf_83
01-27-2009, 01:39 PM

LMAO ... thats pretty good though :clap:

Open wheel is the way to go, and you can't get any more entry level than that :cheers:

Doug Carter
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Sedans are for driving to the race track. Formula cars are for racing when you get there. ;)

Tin tops generally appeal to fat guys who can't get their asses into a real race car. :p

f2000keith
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Tin tops generally appeal to fat guys who can't get their asses into a real race car. :p

Wow. :eek:

tifosi
01-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Sedans are for driving to the race track. Formula cars are for racing when you get there. ;)

He's right ya know.:rockon::rockon:

Stack
01-27-2009, 06:20 PM

nice :miffed:

-Stacy (fat guy)

Mike_B
01-27-2009, 06:48 PM

Who you calling fat?:grumble:

Matt Newcombe
01-27-2009, 09:44 PM
What's funny about this is that the rules committee for Formula SAE introduced some new template rules for chassis openings in 2009. It was brought in so that 95th percentile males could fit into the (sometimes) sub 400 pound cars :P.

It sure has made the front of the cars huge though...

Mike_B
01-27-2009, 11:00 PM
What's funny about this is that the rules committee for Formula SAE introduced some new template rules for chassis openings in 2009. It was brought in so that 95th percentile males could fit into the (sometimes) sub 400 pound cars :P.

That picture says a lot about open-wheel driver and their willingness to sit on other guys' laps.

Doug Carter
01-27-2009, 11:19 PM
No, that picture says a lot about college engineering students. :p

HawkBat
01-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Now now, don't put me in that category, maybe its just a Canadian thing?

jstecher
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM

Oh boy you really went there. I wonder if it was the lack of sleep from the new baby or what... wow!!

But you know its true. :P

Hanewf_83
01-28-2009, 06:54 PM

The man speaks the truth. :cheers:

Mike_B
01-30-2009, 12:52 AM
The man speaks the truth. :cheers:

Bah. You open wheelers. Do you think a 1 hour race is a big deal. Lemme know when they start doing 24 hour open-wheel races.

Doug Carter
01-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Bah. You open wheelers. Do you think a 1 hour race is a big deal. Lemme know when they start doing 24 hour open-wheel races.

Let me know when people who aren't insane will go to watch one of those. ;) (Oh, and I have watched 23 hours of LeMans on a couple of occasions during my single days).

As much as I LOVE LeMans, I never understood the want for endurance racing. I mean, what fun is finishing 7 laps ahead of 2nd place? That's not racing, that's driving around to see who can keep from breaking the longest. It's only in the last few years that I can remember that there have been interesting battles at the end of Daytona worth watching.

Hanewf_83
01-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Bah. You open wheelers. Do you think a 1 hour race is a big deal. Lemme know when they start doing 24 hour open-wheel races. I'd be up for that. 24hrs of Formula Ford (maybe even Formula Atlantic???) The only problem is you'd need a completely lit track. It's not really aerodynamic if you start bolting lights onto these things. (High intensity LED's in the nosecone/shock cover perhaps, inside brake ducts...hmm I could be on to something here)
Let me know when people who aren't insane will go to watch one of those. ;) (Oh, and I have watched 23 hours of LeMans on a couple of occasions during my single days).
The sad thing is, they don't even show 24Hrs of racing any more, they always cut out for some NASCAR coverage or other useless shows *cough* "Pinks" *cough*
On another note, I went over to LeMans with a friend a few years ago and watched the entire 24Hr event since that's the only way to get the experience any more. As for my friend...She was tired of it after 3-4 hours, the other 20 was just torture for her and because of that, for me aswell. Solo would have been better

As much as I LOVE LeMans, I never understood the want for endurance racing. I mean, what fun is finishing 7 laps ahead of 2nd place? That's not racing, that's driving around to see who can keep from breaking the longest. It's only in the last few years that I can remember that there have been interesting battles at the end of Daytona worth watching. It's still gonna be years before cars are so reliable that endurance races will be interesting to the end year after year.

Mike_B
01-30-2009, 11:52 AM
As much as I LOVE LeMans, I never understood the want for endurance racing. I mean, what fun is finishing 7 laps ahead of 2nd place? That's not racing, that's driving around to see who can keep from breaking the longest. It's only in the last few years that I can remember that there have been interesting battles at the end of Daytona worth watching.

I take it you didn't watch the Daytona 24 Hour race. 4 cars were on the lead lap. The 4th place car finished 7 seconds behind the first place car. Petite Lemans last fall went down to the wire. The winning car (Audi R10) was crashed on the warmup lap. The driver got it into the pits and said, "If you fix it, I'll win the race for you in it." They did. He did. He passed the leading Peugot - which was much faster - about 5 minutes before the end of the race. There were at least three cars on the lead lap.

Sebring two years ago, the GT finish was one of the most exciting race finishes ever. The two lead cars had a drag race down the final straight.

Endurance races are now 24 hour sprint races. Sure, you'll get some where the lead car is up by laps. But then again, you will see finishes where that lead car's suspension fails 19 minutes before the end of the race and they DNF as happened at Daytona 2 years ago.

HawkBat
01-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Endurance races are awesome. If you don't agree, well I will have to figure out something to solve that problem. Daytona now with Grand Am.... BS and that is all I am going to say about them.

Le Mans racing is amazing. The cars are just incredible, the Audi R10 TDI is a car that just boggles the mind, the speed, the silence just amazing. Even more so when your a foot away from the track and flagging a Canada corner, that is a rush.

Petit Le Mans this year with McNish driving as if his life depended on it. I was working Turn 10 at Road Atlanta when I saw that just amazing! Sebring is only a few months away! Can't wait to go again.

Matt Newcombe
01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
What was wrong with the Grand Am race? Four cars battling it out on the final laps was pretty cool IMO :P.

As for car selection for the spring series, has anyone driven the Megane Trophy mod? http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Megane%20Trophy

I've always had a blast driving this mod as it's quite a challenge to get right. Mid-engine, rwd with enough downforce to make for some impressive corner speeds.

Anyway, my vote is for the E90 or the rF3 if we go the open wheel route.

HawkBat
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok Matt you asked for my reason, now you going to get them.

For starters Grand Am is a joke in a way. Split starts, split pitting! That is nascar. Which I hate. Also the Daytona Prototypes are a Turtles and such, slow like one and look like one. I understand the principal behind them and such and it can make sense, but the stuff they sprout and such thinking that they can compare to Le Mans is a joke. Most of the season drivers are people who have money and are just above club racing. There is also the series filing suits and other stuff to keep teams in the series that have wanted to bug out, after say two cars have been destroyed due to fire. I could keep sprouting info I know from sources and stuff but I will stop here.

What makes me even more upset, to the point of Nuclear is when a few workers overheard some Top Grand Am Officials, talking crap about us volunteer corner workers and such. One of them was a top official, and there was even a comment about us being compared to retarded monkeys, and not in a nice way, with laughter following the comment. That to me is the last straw, and put me over the top. That is unacceptable to me, we are volunteers who make their races possible and what do these few people do but insult us to our core almost. Yes it was a few individuals and there are prop others from other series that do it, but the fact that is was heard and done by a top official, well I am trying to keep it PG.

Ok enough ranting. What ever mod we choose I will run. The E90 seemed to mess up mine and Tifosi's wheel controls for some reason.

f2000keith
01-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Most likely anything we do in the spring will be either a "for fun" type mod like a karting mod without a formal points chase league, or a run for hotlaps type of king of the hill event where we'll either do something like LeMans in some sort of prototype race car or like a slow sedan on the Top Gear test track. Many of us will be entirely too busy doing other things like getting ready for the race season to dedicate time to simming so it will entirely be optional and run when you want. The next real season will be in the fall after the Runoffs again...

HawkBat
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Matt Newcombe
01-30-2009, 08:07 PM
No worries Chris, they're all just bits of various alloys, composites and rubber to me ;). I don't care much for any particular series, I'm more the type that appreciates the engineering that goes into the vehicles - if it's fast and well developed I'm sold.

I don't quite understand the turtle bit though... I was working at Shannonville one day while AIM Autosport was testing out a new Lexus V8 in their DP; it seemed pretty damn fast to me!

Hanewf_83
01-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't quite understand the turtle bit though... I was working at Shannonville one day while AIM Autosport was testing out a new Lexus V8 in their DP; it seemed pretty damn fast to me!
To me, it's kinda the fact that they are more like severely modified GT cars, or sports racers with roofs rather than true prototype cars. Looking at performance, they are slower than ALMS GT1 cars. You'd expect a prototype car to be faster than any GT class out there. (I know the regulations are different and all, but you'd expect a "GT" car to be close to other "GT" class cars in means of performance.

As Chris said, it's like NASCAR (which makes sense since Grand-Am is owned by Daytona Motorsports Group, which is owned by the France family, which owns NASCAR)
And it is also easier for club level drivers to enter Grand-Am races compared to ALMS which affects overall field competitiveness.

HawkBat
01-30-2009, 08:50 PM
A ALMS GT2 car can even spank a Daytona prototype, now that is just sad. To shore up their GT fields they have to beg for Porsche Cup cars and such. Plus there is really no longer any international draw anymore. Matt maybe it looked fast cause it was the only thing on the track. But what ever. back on to topic.

Matt Newcombe
01-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Ok, point taken. Now I just need to start racing in reality so that I don't have to rely on sims during the spring and fall to cure the itch!

trackaddict
01-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I would be much less intersted in a hot lap competition. The most fun is the race itself. I don't care what we race but if it was up for a vote, I would want a car with fenders that is not too fast. The E21, E90, Megane, or even the Mustang clone that comes with rfactor. To me it is fun driving a big heavy car around. It would be fun to do the Mustang with no mods. No suspension tweaking. Just tire pressure.

f2000keith
01-31-2009, 08:37 PM
I understand that Nabil, but in the past Spring leagues usually lose interest real fast since the weather gets nicer, people are racing for real, etc... A hot laps competition will allow people to turn laps on their own schedule without the need for everyone to meet up at a given time. It's not to say people can't meet up on the server and do some wheel to wheel, it just won't be offically organized with a points chase. It's happened with every Spring/Summer league that I've ever attempted to run in previous years I can't see this year being any different.

HawkBat
01-31-2009, 08:38 PM
maybe we can try to choose each week a good time or day to just have fun races or something.

trackaddict
02-01-2009, 09:16 AM
OK. Well I defer to your past experience. Our Winter League attendance has been dwindling too.

I would participate in a hot laps Spring series even though I suck at turning blinding fast laps. I would hope to agree on times we can meet on the server informally for a short fun race or run a few short races back to back. Maybe we coud agree on a good day/time each week where someone looking to go door to door can be online for a race.

Grintch
02-02-2009, 09:45 AM
...a run for hotlaps type of king of the hill event where we'll either do something like LeMans in some sort of prototype race car or like a slow sedan on the Top Gear test track. Many of us will be entirely too busy doing other things like getting ready for the race season to dedicate time to simming so it will entirely be optional and run when you want. The next real season will be in the fall after the Runoffs again...

Anyone have a Chevy Lasseta (Sp? otherwise know as the "reasonably priced car") for the Top Gear track? Be interesting to see how I compare with the average British TV & Pop star.

f2000keith
02-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Anyone have a Chevy Lasseta (Sp? otherwise know as the "reasonably priced car") for the Top Gear track? Be interesting to see how I compare with the average British TV & Pop star.

I'm thinking something like this (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=VW%20GOLF%20V%20GTI) or this (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=2CV%20Championship).

Doug Carter
02-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Interesting idea... but that GTI is about double the HP of the Lacetti. ;)

f2000keith
02-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Kind of limited with the amount of decent street car mods on the slow end.

Doug Carter
02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Odd that someone went through all of the work to replicate the test track, but no one has stepped up to replicate the most popular segment car on their show. I bet someone will do it before too long.

Hanewf_83
02-02-2009, 07:11 PM
The Lacetti is basically an Optra with a smaller engine (1.4 litre putting out 104HP I think) Really a gutless POS, but it works over there with the narrower roads. That's actually what I drove in my time over there

I don't care about comparing with the stars, I like the idea of attempting to match the Stig's laps in the REAL cars.

Mike_B
02-02-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm thinking something like this (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=VW%20GOLF%20V%20GTI) or this (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=2CV%20Championship).

I vote for no front wheel drive vehicles!

Grintch
02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
The Lacetti is basically an Optra with a smaller engine (1.4 litre putting out 104HP I think) Really a gutless POS, but it works over there with the narrower roads. That's actually what I drove in my time over there

I don't care about comparing with the stars, I like the idea of attempting to match the Stig's laps in the REAL cars.

I think Skeen is secretly the Stig.

Mike_B
02-03-2009, 06:18 PM
i think skeen is secretly the stig.

lol!

Hanewf_83
02-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I think Skeen is secretly the Stig.

Lets see here,
I've beaten the Stigs times in a few cars in the sim
And I've also beaten The Skeen a few times aswell
Could be, could be...
Still waiting on the real life comparison though. :cheers:

Warpedcow
02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Things to keep in mind - the Stig sets laptimes in a wide variety of conditions - hot/cold, wet/dry, etc...
Also there have been at least two Stigs but it's possible that there are at least a few drivers who take turns playing the current "white" Stig as they are available...

HawkBat
02-04-2009, 06:27 PM
I am also in the process of chasing down the Formula Ford mod that is converted from nkPro for rfactor.

f2000keith
02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
I am also in the process of chasing down the Formula Ford mod that is converted from nkPro for rfactor.

Why chase? I have it.

HawkBat
02-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh! Is it the full game or the rfactor conversion? If it is the conversion could you post it up? I would love to drive it.

Hanewf_83
02-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Interesting, a real Formula Ford mod
I'd assume it's better than the rf1600 crap that's out
I wouldn't mind trying it

Doug Carter
02-05-2009, 09:31 AM
It's an illegitimate conversion of Nektar Pro F1600, which is an overly complicated racing SIM, IMO.

The conversion plays much nicer on rFactor, but is without any legal authorization, so you won't see it freely distributed anywhere.

It's really a nice rFactor mod, though.

Grintch
02-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Things to keep in mind - the Stig sets laptimes in a wide variety of conditions - hot/cold, wet/dry, etc...
Also there have been at least two Stigs but it's possible that there are at least a few drivers who take turns playing the current "white" Stig as they are available...

And don't forget Jungle Stig (in Africa) and Fat Stig (American at Moroso Motorsports Park, sometimes known as Trailer Park Stig).

tifosi
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Why chase? I have it.

Want to share? :)

f2000keith
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
E-mail me and I'll tell you where you may find such a mod.

Warpedcow
02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
And don't forget Jungle Stig (in Africa) and Fat Stig (American at Moroso Motorsports Park, sometimes known as Trailer Park Stig).

There's also "Trucker Stig" (with the trucker's tan).

Matt Newcombe
02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Also don't forget the short and slightly overweight 'Australian Stig' - don't watch the Aussie version of the show, it's junk.

f2000keith
02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Also don't forget the short and slightly overweight 'Australian Stig' - don't watch the Aussie version of the show, it's junk.

I'm afraid that'll be the fate of the American show as well... :(

Mike_B
02-06-2009, 10:17 PM
After watching more of the SCCA Runoffs, I really wish there was an H Production mod for rFactor. That would be a blast.

Bob McCown
02-18-2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=DRM-MOD

BMW 320 turbos anyone?

tifosi
02-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I'll have a 935 myself. :clap:

HawkBat
02-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Your kidding me, they actually finished it!

Mike_B
02-23-2009, 09:29 AM
How about this? :D (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Gallardo%20Challenge)

tifosi
02-23-2009, 10:12 AM
How about this? :D (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Gallardo%20Challenge)

For a second there I thought it was going to be the Yugo.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=YUGO

Bob McCown
02-23-2009, 02:09 PM
2CVs

http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=786.0

Mike_B
02-23-2009, 03:06 PM
For a second there I thought it was going to be the Yugo.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=YUGO

That is so damn funny. Back in the 80s a friend of mine and I went to Road America to watch the June Sprints. We were sitting on the inside of Canada corner (they used to have a handful of seats there) and laughing at all the little Rabbits and Dodge Colt lifting their right front tire going through the corner. We decided we were going to out and buy a Yugo and compete in that class. Too bad we were both broke as hell at the time. Would've been fun.

tifosi
02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Ah the 80's. I went to a Can-Am weekend at Road America back then and the support races were FA and a pro Rabbit series, Facom Cup? Helped an Atlantic guy dump an engine block in the trash can. Had a hole in the side of it as big as my head. Teo Fabi had the diff lock up in the Kink, the car snapped around and destroyed itself in the barriers. They never found one wheel but had all the leftovers laying in their paddock as free souvenirs. He sat in a lawn chair with 2 black eyes like a racoon. The Rabbits were hilarious in 5 lifting the left rear. One guy got bumped while he was on 3 wheels and went on his top. The corner guys rolled him over, he fired it up and went on his way. The crowd went wild! The good old days. :cheers:

HawkBat
02-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah the Rabbits were great! We still have a few racing as IT cars.

Mike_B
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
The Rabbits were hilarious in 5 lifting the left rear.

Oh. You're right. They were lifting the right rear in Canada.

Sounds like a wild time.

Mike_B
03-08-2009, 11:12 AM
So does anybody wanna just get together and race once a week for fun this spring? Would the server be available for something like that?

HawkBat
03-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I would be up for something like that.

f2000keith
03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Once I have the server set up with the car/track that I decide upon for the time attack I can open the server for voting when in the lounge in order to run a race. Other than that I don't plan on administering the server at all and I'm also going to most likely drop my bandwidth down to the 1.5meg tier for the next several months until we ramp up the next real league so that will limit the amount of people that can show up for a race.

HawkBat
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok sounds good Keith, overlord of bandwith. I like to see what ever we drive to have fun at the Ring at one point, that would be fun.