PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem

Bob McCown
10-30-2008, 07:21 AM
I've got an odd problem that I cant figure out. I'm in the winter league, and I've got my own skin, which I bought and upgraded with CDS dash, and a couple other things. However, when I go into the server, it shows my skin, but says "Skin not owned", and my setup from the purchase screen, and my options arent in there.

Whaa?

Doug Carter
10-30-2008, 07:40 AM
When you find your skin in the Vehicle selection section before you enter the server, you must "Purchase" the car and make sure your helmet is also selected. If you don't purchase the car, you don't technically own it to use yet.

Bob McCown
10-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Yup, I do own the car, and it even shows up when Im racing, but the CDS dash or the upgraded rollbar padding dont show.

(see attached pics)

jstecher
10-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Weird I did the same thing and it shows up without issue. You did choose to "install" them right?

Doug Carter
10-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Just a guess... looks like you are accessing through "All cars."

Make sure you have all of the SRF cars loaded into the SRF folder in the "Vehicles" folder, including yours. Select the vehicle page through that button circled to make sure you have everything listed correctly for your driver.

Something looks like you might have something or are doing something in the wrong place.

Anyone else?

Bob McCown
11-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Still can't get the dash to show up. I've sold and re-bought the car and dash, and made sure its installed and everything.

Is there something in the skin file itself I have to jigger?

HawkBat
11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
hmm maybe buy another car and try using the dash, and such or just buy all the options and install each and then try some off that stuff. see if any of that works. I would also make sure you are in the SRF program when doing this instead of all cars.