PDA

View Full Version : June 4th - Tokyo R246

Stack
05-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Ok... you guys hated my last choice of car, lets see how you like this one:

Pagani Zonda LM Race Car '01
Racing Soft Tires
Tokyo R246 Normal (an oldie, but a goodie)

I figured this one would be different enough from the last that not ALL of you will want to string me up by my toenails

Have FUN!! :D

1. 1:24.911 - John
2. 1:25.494 -Stacy
3. 1:26.413 - Stack

jstecher
05-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Ohh nice pick Stack. The Zonda is an adventure on the track but it should be fun!

Need to get some seat time tonight once I finish preping the car for the track this weekend.

Stack
05-30-2006, 09:28 PM
1:26.413 is the best I can do in my current state of mind...

DAMN YOU BUFFALO!! DAMN YOU!! :mad:

jstecher
05-31-2006, 01:38 AM
Got some time in tonight after I change and bled my brakes for MAM this weekend. Now I just have to mount the harness bar tomorrow night and clean up all my electrical connections (Yes this is a Ferrari thing) and I should be ready to rock. New pads look nice compared to what came off.

Stack
05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Damn!!

I'm thinking I should stick to satanic cars on tight street circuits... only way I can come close to your time is using Super Softs (1:24.5xx)

Gimme some sector times so I can see where I'm suking

Thanks!!
Stacy

Conan
05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Wish I could participate, but too much to do before heading to MAM :(

kbrew8991
06-01-2006, 08:17 AM
how did you guys get that car? I don't have it and can't find it :(

edit nevermind:

http://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index.php/Pagani_Zonda_LM_Race_Car_2001
May be won in the Mission Hall by completing Missions 21-24 (IA License required).

oh is that all :rolleyes: 23 & 24 I've worked on for a while and still can't win them :(

Stack
06-01-2006, 03:13 PM
how did you guys get that car? I don't have it and can't find it :(

edit nevermind:

http://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index.php/Pagani_Zonda_LM_Race_Car_2001

oh is that all :rolleyes: 23 & 24 I've worked on for a while and still can't win them

Do this for #23 and it'll be easy:
Originally Posted by Famine
My "works every time" technique (done it three times now, first time every time) is to never change gear ever. On approach to the first turn, draft and pass underneath the pack, move back to the top yellow line and then switch to in-car/rear view for the straight. Pick a car to allow past - let him slipstream you and then move to the outside to avoid him - he WILL hit you if you don't. Stupid bugger. Flick in behind him, slipstream and pass on the inside on the next turn, then back up to the top yellow line. Keep doing this and you'll spot the yellow GT-R on your third turn. Carry on doing this until the LAST turn.
On the last turn, slipstream and pass on the inside, then stay low until you're approaching the draft zone of the yellow GT-R. Snick up and slipstream him, pass on the inside and stay low again.
You win. Hurrah!

I don't remember having a problem with #24

Only one I haven't won is the last one, Nurburgring in the SLK :mad:

[EDIT]... I could see how using a gampad for the drafting missions could be frustrating

[EDIT]... AGAIN!! Stacy shooting himself in the foot ;)

kbrew8991
06-02-2006, 07:41 AM
I won't have time, gotta go to Clemson to work on some stuff and I'll be away from a PS2 all weekend

Stack
06-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Congrats John... now where the next one gonna be :)

jstecher
06-06-2006, 07:31 PM
I will pick it tonight...got distracted with all the other stuff going on around trying to fix my car.

I think we will have the next competition run for this week and next since it is already just about Wednesday.

Stack
06-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I think we will have the next competition run for this week and next since it is already just about Wednesday.

Sounds great for me... I'll have til wednesday of next week only anyway since I'll be heading sunny Savannah for three days!!

:D