PDA

View Full Version : Trackpedia rFactor Challenge - Barber - Round 8

jstecher
01-12-2008, 03:53 PM
After an exciting round of racing north of the border we head south into the humid country side of Alabama to the beautiful Barber Motorsports Complex.

Look for some exciting racing as the cars blast around this great track...can't wait to see the turn out next Sunday. Remember it is a Sunday morning 9am CST race next week.

genikz
01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Do you guys know where I can d/l this track? I didn't see it listed in the game or rFactor Central.

Thanks!

BTW, I bought a new seat today (for the real car):
http://brooksbabies.com/chris/img_0469.jpg

Hanewf_83
01-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Do you guys know where I can d/l this track? I didn't see it listed in the game or rFactor Central.

Thanks!

It's called Birmingham Motorsports Complex... or something like that on RFC

genikz
01-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Cool, thanks Ty.

billy
01-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Thats a nice seat, have you test fitted it to your 924 yet? Very interested on what thats like and how hard is it to get out etc.

jstecher
01-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Chris I also have posted the track on Trackpedia for download. You can find it all here: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Trackpedia_rFactor_Challenge

So far this is a fun track...did about 20-25 laps last night with Keith and once I got out of the approach of using the walls to change directions I improved. :) Its got a nice flow to it and the car works well topped off so it should get more fun as I actually start rolling more laps in. Alas I will be in Raleigh all week for work so wont get any laps in until Friday night. Lack of practice is killing me these days.

genikz
01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Billy,

The seat is VERY slim. I'm 5'9", 155 lbs, 33" waist and I think I'm going to have to remove the fabric and trim the padding in a couple areas (hip and thigh area on both sides).

That being said, the seat feels great otherwise and should be acceptable IF you have a quick-release steering wheel. Even then, it's going to be a little awkward getting in and out. When my cage gets fabbed up (next month, fingers crossed) it's going to be a big pain in the ass to get out. It makes me think the next thing to purchase is a fire supression system with a big red 'push me' panic button.

Fire scares me something fierce.

My brother has a 924, with a cage from the builder I'm going to use. He's got a Corbeau FX1 or Forza and even that is tough to get out of, even w/o a helmet on. Once I get my cage, seat and harness installed, I'll be sure to post in detail.

sbarton
01-17-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm out this week as I'll be in Punta Cana for a week. :) Have fun guys.

-Scott

Skeen
01-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Is the race this weekend on Saturday or Sunday?

jstecher
01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Race is Sunday per Stacks request.

Hanewf_83
01-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Enjoy the race tomorrow guys, unfortunately my plane to Florida takes off at 10:15 EST so I won't be able to make the race.(not that I would have finished anyways) I'm also not sure if I'll be back for next weeks race either. I may decide to stay down and see the Rolex 24 / hand out resumes while I'm at it ;) (maybe I'll cheer Skeen on in his efforts aswell :D)

Matt Newcombe
01-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Yeehaw, 1:24's :) Hope to see everyone this morning.

jstecher
01-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Damn you Matt!!

Cant wait to race here...at the moment I cant get on the server after showing up and then getting the boot. I'll try back shortly

Hanewf_83
01-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Sorry bout the lap 3 incident Mossie, I tried to back out of it when I realized I wasn't going to pull off the pass but I was too late and you turned in. My fault completely, just wanted to get 1 more position and finish the lap before I had to go and I totally messed your race up.:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:
I would also like to apologize to whoever was in the HBR car who ran into me after it lagged on the straight at the end of lap 1, it seems like I shouldn't have been out there at all. Again, my stupidity/addiction probably messed up your race.

jstecher
01-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Fun race overall here today guys. I had never seen so much lock up smoke as I did in the race tonight. Half the time the hairpin was covered in a haze. :)

I had a great race with Keith for 3rd for probably 10-15 laps but just couldn't get a good spot for a pass and sure wasn't going to take us both out.

The best note of the day is that I did not end up upside down and I did not screw myself out of a podium!! Now if only that had happened in the other races I was running. :)

Jake...you and Matt get the hard chargers and perseverance awards for this week!!

Mossie
01-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry bout the lap 3 incident Mossie, I tried to back out of it when I realized I wasn't going to pull off the pass but I was too late and you turned in. My fault completely, just wanted to get 1 more position and finish the lap before I had to go and I totally messed your race up.:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:
I would also like to apologize to whoever was in the HBR car who ran into me after it lagged on the straight at the end of lap 1, it seems like I shouldn't have been out there at all. Again, my stupidity/addiction probably messed up your race.

Hey. no problem Ty. we can't expect to compete so closely and not trade a little paint.:cheers: it was a pretty spectacular crash (LOL), got some air time, landed on my wheels and kept going, It did'nt put me out, I later ran into the wall on my own, and broke the sup. check out Jake's pass on me, lap 10, very close racing.

f2000keith
01-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Ok, server is up for OldRing... The replay for Barber can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4l1hdyjjzdk