PDA

View Full Version : RL Porsche Carrera Cup League

sbarton
12-17-2007, 12:35 PM
For any of you guys who want to do more races or want to race in some Porsche's, Rennlist is starting a Porsche Carrera Cup 07 league.
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?p=4889180&posted=1#post4889180

-Scott

billy
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
The 996 cup car is a lot of fun to drive but it seems to have help if you've driven one for real. I know John hates it.

Skeen
12-17-2007, 06:17 PM
I dowloaded the 997 PCC mod the other day and LOVE it. Favorite car at the moment. I may have to get in on this league as well.

sbarton
12-19-2007, 09:46 AM
I just dl'd and installed the Zonda. That car is sick. Very fast yet very easy to drive.

-Scott

jstecher
12-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Jesus more online racing...my wife will never see me. :) The FBMW I think is more realistic than the PCC cars but I have spent more time driving them with force feedback and its a lot better than it use to be.

If I had more time in the week I would play but I just am packed full with work at the moment.

I am planning a Spring/Summer league for all of us (Probably on Monday or Tuesday night for races) so we could consider the PCC cars for that as my original plan was just to reuse the FBMWs again because of the turn out we get for races between us and the Apexspeed forum folks. Focus will be on running tracks we will all be tracking at for the summer. Thus Roebling, Road Atl/America, Autobahn, Gateway, Brainerd, Mid America, VIR, NHIS, etc.

Skeen
12-20-2007, 11:15 AM
The VIR sim blows; not even worth driving IMO. We should go for something like the BMW 1er; only sorta fast with fenders.

f1rocks
12-20-2007, 09:32 PM
From the Rennlist thread.

"All set, was fun running with you.. MAN that guy Skeen from trackpedia is fast!"

You're a legend on Rennlist already!! :bow:

Skeen
12-20-2007, 09:44 PM
haha...I was on with those two guys running some laps earlier and had fun. They race you hard even in practice (I guess fenders tend to make it go that way :) )! I don't have teamspeak yet and we were having trouble seeing each other's car skins. Maybe I'll get on and play again here in a few.

I thought it was funny when Gary asked me if I was Leh.

Lobo6
12-20-2007, 11:22 PM
I thought it was funny when Gary asked me if I was Leh.

That is a compliment of the first order. Leh is an uber racer. I've watched him at Sebring and elsewhere.

Time out.....(puts flame suit on). How can you track sim guys really get a feel for the track??? It's a virtual world not a real one. The only argument I'll agree with is that you learn the track turn wise. :confused: If I am wrong please explain why.

Skeen
12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Virtual racing isn't perfect, but it's the next best thing. You can't feel the car, but you can apply a lot of real things in a sim (noticing yaw angle, perfecting line THEORY). You can't learn a specific track because no sim is that good, but you can get an idea of where it goes that can help on your first visit. Basically it's just fun competition that is pretty close to the real thing.

f1rocks
12-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Lobo,
It's certainly never like being out on the track but I still apply a lot of the same practices, looking down track, running in traffic really close, and if the physics is good on the sim, trailbraking etc.

We don't have the F1 team simulators but it still fills a void when it's @#$%ing -10 outside!!

Plus it's with guys I like and the tire bill is much less!!

sbarton
12-21-2007, 10:54 AM
From the Rennlist thread.

"All set, was fun running with you.. MAN that guy Skeen from trackpedia is fast!"

You're a legend on Rennlist already!! :bow:

Another one:

I have to work on car set up. I've tweeked camber and tire pressure but Skeen was crazy fast. He's cheating somehow :)

LOL! WTG Skeen.

-Scott

Skeen
12-21-2007, 12:41 PM
haha. Looks like they didn't like me coming in--they're changing the password to make it Rennlisters only. Ah well, I won't bully them, though it was fun racing with those two.

Oh, BTW; tell them I turned a 2:04.4 after changing the brake bias, running less fuel, and lowering the rear wing. Messing with camber and such probably won't get them much.

sbarton
12-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Bah, just go sign up on RennList, and viola, you're a Rennlister! :cheers:

-Scott

Skeen
12-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Bah, just go sign up on RennList, and viola, you're a Rennlister! :cheers:

-Scott

I may. Don't wanna be a bully though. :)

jstecher
12-21-2007, 06:05 PM
I may. Don't wanna be a bully though. :)

Damn you skeen bullying folks! I actually tried to log on to their stuff last night and play and saw you needed a password and said screw it.

sbarton you can always extend to them the opportunity to come and race with us...put then again most of the pCar guys don't like losing to the rest of us normal folk. :P

BTW the PCC 2007 mod is WAY WAY better than 2006.

Skeen
12-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Glad you like it. Put some rear brake on the car and it'll get WAY WAY better.

jstecher
12-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Glad you like it. Put some rear brake on the car and it'll get WAY WAY better. lol that was the first thing I did after a few laps and it is night and day on the car. For a sedan this is probably the best mod I have felt...still like the FBMW better. :)

sbarton
12-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Damn you skeen bullying folks! I actually tried to log on to their stuff last night and play and saw you needed a password and said screw it.

sbarton you can always extend to them the opportunity to come and race with us...put then again most of the pCar guys don't like losing to the rest of us normal folk. :P

I was going to invite them to join, but we already started the league. I posted a link to our League Wiki so they could get an idea how to set it up as well as come practice with us if they want.

Here is the info on the RL Server (http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?p=4890727#post4890727).

-Scott

Lobo6
12-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Virtual racing isn't perfect, but it's the next best thing. You can't feel the car, but you can apply a lot of real things in a sim (noticing yaw angle, perfecting line THEORY). You can't learn a specific track because no sim is that good, but you can get an idea of where it goes that can help on your first visit. Basically it's just fun competition that is pretty close to the real thing.

OK, thanks I'll buy into that. :)