PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial vehicle declaration thread

Stack
11-30-2007, 08:40 AM
OK... to hopefully alleviate pit issues, lets use this to declare what car we'll be driving for the Trackpedia FBMW league.

Here's how:
Pick a few cars you like in-game
Note the Region, Team Name, Driver Name & Number
Open your RFactor\GameDate\Vehicles... folder associated with that vehicle.
Right-Click on the .veh file and open it in Notepad
Look about 3/4 of the way down, you'll find the pit group number.Once you've done that, tell us here what you'll be driving. Look through the posts, if you see a pit group that is the same, find another car.

Make sure you have "purchased" the car in-game, and have that vehicle selected before logging in to the session server.

(BTW... I'm speculating here that it will work. If someone knows different, or knows of an easier way, PLEASE let us know!)

Stack
11-30-2007, 08:43 AM
RFactor screen ID: Stacy King

Region: USA
Team: AM Holzer Rennsport
Car: #4
Driver: Niall Quinn
Pit Group: 8

Hanewf_83
11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
In game name: Ty Handke

Team: Jensen Motorsport
Car: #2
Driver: Frankie Muniz
Pit Group: 16

Mossie
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
in game name "Mossie"

Team: AIM Autosport
Car: #56
Driver: James Hinchcliffe
Pit Group: 6

Hanewf_83
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Funny Mossie, I was going to run James' car, and have done so for all practice so far, but decided against it because I know other people are running AIM cars. Good thing I didn't beat you to it

gunny
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I dont think pit groups make a bit of difference! I do know if you are going to pit you should request a pit stop to your crew. This is what will alleviate and pit stall issues.
Anyhow my car listed below
In Game: Gunny
Hearn Motorsports
#16 Ryan Phinny
Pit Group: Group18

Stack
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
I dont think pit groups make a bit of difference! I do know if you are going to pit you should request a pit stop to your crew. This is what will alleviate and pit stall issues.
Anyhow my car listed below

Hearn Motorsports
#16 Ryan Phinny
Pit Group: Group18

Good to know Gunny... I mentioned this on the other thread. To be clear... if someone inadvertently is in the same pit group, as someone else, if one of them requests a pit stop, then the other will be informed they can't pit yet right? (Assuming they also request to pit AFTER the other car, but on the same lap?)

gunny
11-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Good to know Gunny... I mentioned this on the other thread. To be clear... if someone inadvertently is in the same pit group, as someone else, if one of them requests a pit stop, then the other will be informed they can't pit yet right? (Assuming they also request to pit AFTER the other car, but on the same lap?)

No the other one will not be notified they cant pit. When you request a pit stop it takes 1/2 lap or so (sometimes longer sometimes shorter) for the pit crew to respond back. Once they responed back you will have a open pitstall for that lap only! If you dont pit after they respond and do another lap then all bets are off, you will need to request another pit stop. I've only seen a few times with two cars get the same pit stall when they pit and usally when it happens is when the drivers just pit in without requesting a pit stop.

Hanewf_83
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
My problem was that I requested to pit at the start of the lap, got the all clear but a lapped car went off the track got damaged and decided to pit between that time and when I arrived, technically there was a box for me to pull into, but I would have had to ram his car out of the way to get close enough to my stall for the stop to take place. Gunny is right that the pit groups shouldn't overlap, but on rare occasions they do and this can happen.

gunny
11-30-2007, 02:35 PM
My problem was that I requested to pit at the start of the lap, got the all clear but a lapped car went off the track got damaged and decided to pit between that time and when I arrived, technically there was a box for me to pull into, but I would have had to ram his car out of the way to get close enough to my stall for the stop to take place. Gunny is right that the pit groups shouldn't overlap, but on rare occasions they do and this can happen.

Yea that can happen. Usally when I run races with a mandatory pit (where everyone has to pit) I have found that most drivers will just split the laps down the middle and pit on or about half way. What I have done is to go about 5 (give or take a lap or two) laps further than halfway then pit so pretty much most of the time I have a clear pit lane. I was almost once caught behind a car on pit lane (He was in my box) but he pulled out just as I was getting ready to pit.

Note of caution: In past online races I have seen that sometimes someone will pull into pit lane and just sit there forever! What they were doing was pulling into pit lane and instead of finishing up the race just sat and watched the race because there car was beyond repair. I've also seen some do this but be parked in the grass off the track which brings up the yellow flag every lap and is very annoying for guys still running. So if your car is damaged and you cant go on please go back to the garage (Hit the escape key) and if you want to watch the race watch it from there.

Thanks!

Hanewf_83
11-30-2007, 03:04 PM
What I have done is to go about 5 (give or take a lap or two) laps further than halfway then pit so pretty much most of the time I have a clear pit lane.
Thanks!

Well that was actually going to be my strategy, but now I'm afraid everyone will follow this now, maybe I'll attempt a 2 stopper instead, although I don't think I'll be able to make up enough time to pull it off

Matt Newcombe
11-30-2007, 03:09 PM
RFactor screen ID: Matt Newcombe

Team: Autotechnica
Car: #66
Driver: Robert Wickens
Pit Group: 7

Dale B
11-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Dale B

Region USA