PDA

View Full Version : Trackpedia rFactor Challenge - Brands Hatch Round 1

billy
11-24-2007, 10:57 PM
This is the thread to discuss round 1 of brands hatch. Stack is fastest so far with a 1:29, I'm hanging back at high 33s for now.

jstecher
11-25-2007, 12:46 AM
First let me say this track sucks! The damn bumpy sections are absolutely brutal under braking in what I believe is T2.

Played a good deal tonight (about 25-30 laps) playing with setup after getting everything upgrading my rFactor. By that time no one was online and it was a good thing as I kept getting dropped from the server. I went for the last 15 laps playing locally and netted a best laptime of 1:32.1 so I have a ways to go to get down to competitive. Turn 4 and 6 keep killing me...I think I lost a few cars there. :P

jstecher
11-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Tires get eaten up quick at this track as well making it really difficult to nut out more than 1-2 hot laps in a 10 lap session. I am happy with consistent 1:33's but need to take some wing out it looks like to play with the big boys here.

f1rocks
11-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Tires definitely go quickly here. You definitely want to try a longer stint here to see what setup changes will be needed for full race trim.

Why are we running so few laps here for the real event? It will only be a 25 minute race based on current laptimes.

What is your target time for a race length? I prefer a 45 to 60 minute race.

gunny
11-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree with Brent. 45 to 60 minute races are about perfect. To short a race (30 minutes or less) leaves no room for a lockup (brakes) or a small off and to be honest to practice like I have been and have seen people on the server for a 25 minute race :confused: just dosent seem to be right. Anyhow I'll race what the admins deem an appropiate race length. These car are too much fun not to race!

gunny
11-25-2007, 09:07 AM
First let me say this track sucks! The damn bumpy sections are absolutely brutal under braking in what I believe is T2.

Played a good deal tonight (about 25-30 laps) playing with setup after getting everything upgrading my rFactor. By that time no one was online and it was a good thing as I kept getting dropped from the server.

Kept getting dropped by the server? H'mm thats bad. To all check your settings
So in the game where you see your car spinning around click on
Connect then settings
connection type: ISDN (I know most have cable or Fios but ISDN is the setting you want, this setting has been tested extensivley)
upload rating: 64kbs
download rating: 64kbs

trackaddict
11-25-2007, 09:27 AM
I have a ways to go on being competative here. I had a fun race with Stacy yesterday evening. I agree that a longer race would be ideal. My vote is for a 45-60 minute race. It gives you the chance of recovering from getting stuck in the kitty litter (which seems to attract me). Makes pit stops a necessity as well adding complexity to the simulation.

jstecher
11-25-2007, 11:25 AM
The majority have spoke. I will up the lap counts to the 40-60 minute range. :) As always I'm learning as I go here. Don't worry Trackaddict I spent more than my fair share of time in the kitty litter.

My connection settings are a lot higher than what you have Gunny in terms of speed. I will adjust and see what happens.

Stack
11-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I'll defer to the online vets here... longer races are fine with me too.

EDIT: If we do longer races, are we going to require put stops? Or will these cars take a long race like that with the fuel capacity? If so, I need to practice up on performing a pit stop :)

I thought I remember there being a fix or a patch for the extremely sticky sand traps. Not sure where I saw it though.

EDIT: Ahh.. found why I thought that... there was some concern on the track's feedback on RFC, so I read a little further and found this from the designer:
sorry, but thats how I like my gravel traps...if you want to change the tdf file for your league then do so but my advice is to learn to stay out of the gravel. It amazes me how people constantly demand realism in sims but expect to be able to just drive in and out of the gravel as they please. Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted but I've had this discussion several times and frankly I'm getting fed up with it. If you want to contact me by e-mail I will tweak the tdf file so you can use it in your league but I will not change it for general release.

billy
11-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Are we fixing setups or is everyone closely guarding their set ups?

jstecher
11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Setups are open for change...gotta make all us engineers happy as well. I set my car up today like the Stohr and pounded down like 30 laps. I have finally got the mechanical grip I want.

I saved over my default settings so my car always starts like I had it setup for Road America which is annoying but now I built another one so hopefully this is good.

If anyone is up for practice tonight I plan to be online about 8pm CST. Would love to get some laps in with more folks. Shared the track today with Trackadict, billy and Dale.

Not getting any faster but more consistent 1:32's with 30 laps of fuel on board.

jstecher
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
any one know why I keep getting "Current Session Closed" when trying to join tonight?

mrepka
11-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Fun stuff tonight guys :)

Thanks John, F1, Stack, and TA and Billy

f1rocks
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
You're killing me Repka!!

Good job tonight. This is going to be a tough track to make the entire race without a mistake.

Stack
11-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Fun stuff tonight guys :)

Thanks John, F1, Stack, and TA and Billy

It was a good time... til you all bailed on me... not once, but TWICE! :miffed: ;) Winning by default isn't much fun (but I'll take it!! :D)

How do you run out of gas anyway? :stupid:

Stack
11-26-2007, 06:43 AM
any one know why I keep getting "Current Session Closed" when trying to join tonight?

This happens when a 'Race' has already started. You can change your multiplayer settings to 'Observer On' or something like that, and log in that way, then change it back when the race is over to participate.

billy
11-26-2007, 08:06 AM
With us all trying to practise, can we not run any races so we can practise? I'd the same problem as john, couldn't login.

Stack
11-26-2007, 08:36 AM
With us all trying to practise, can we not run any races so we can practise? I'd the same problem as john, couldn't login.

I don't 'think' we can set up a testing only online session, but maybe. Just log in as an observer, watch some lines (like riding along with us), then when the race is over, we'll start over again.

Or, if its only a couple of us, we'll gladly start the session over anyway. But if a race is going on, we don't know if you're trying to join the session.

f1rocks
11-26-2007, 11:01 AM
The races are 7 laps. Should be 10 minutes or less. Key to good online races is the start. Last night was no exception. We all like to gain that 3 or 4 spots at the start with guys that we qualified behind (which means they will be all over you for the next xxx laps)

We can change the race length to 4 laps just so the lag isn't so long, but typically we are only going to "race" for about 7-8 minutes. We then cycled through rather quickly and raced again so Stack's suggestion is good, sign in as an observer and type a note saying "hold up" I want in.

jstecher
11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah lots of fun last night. Who's going to be on tonight to play around? I am thinking 7-9 I am going to have some time to work the kinks out a little more.

Brent "Brake Check" Knoll if you do that again your ass is going off the track big time!! Jackass. I laughed about it for probably 15 minutes afterwards...I just wish i had time to hit F12 to get the snap shot as I flew over the top of your car.

Repka and Stack how in the world your at 1:29.X is beyond me. I need to find a better setup I guess cause I can't take the turns anywhere near as fast as you guys without rocketing off the side of the track.

Awesome fun guys!! I look forward to Dec 5th big time...my plan it just to park it until everyone else crashes out and then win by default...muwhahahahaha.

jstecher
11-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Passing at the Hatch is fricking nearly impossible without a slight dive bomb. Its even harder when you have Brent swerving all over the track in front of you breaking your draft.

Stack
11-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah lots of fun last night. Who's going to be on tonight to play around? I am thinking 7-9 I am going to have some time to work the kinks out a little more.

I'll plan on being there for a little... probably after 'Chuck' though :D

Repka and Stack how in the world your at 1:29.X is beyond me. I need to find a better setup I guess cause I can't take the turns anywhere near as fast as you guys without rocketing off the side of the track.

:p

Awesome fun guys!! I look forward to Dec 5th big time...my plan it just to park it until everyone else crashes out and then win by default...muwhahahahaha.

You mean the 1st right?

f1rocks
11-26-2007, 11:13 AM
That was hilarious John, I was "hoping" you'd see me slow and go to the inside. By the time you realized I was waiting on you, I was in the kitty litter....I was laughing so hard I was crying....

We need teamspeak. It makes this sim even better. Nothing like yelling at each other during the race!! And actually for practice it's great because I can tell you to pass or let me by and we can "coach" each other. I usually get more coaching than give :o

Just booked my flight for Japan.....November 29th :( So I'll likely miss the season opener while eating fish heads and rice.

f1rocks
11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Its even harder when you have Brent swerving all over the track in front of you breaking your draft.

I resemble that remark....

jstecher
11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I'll plan on being there for a little... probably after 'Chuck' though :D

:p

You mean the 1st right?

You are right Stack its the 1st. My brain is cooked.

Eric
11-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Got a lot of practice in last night... still suck.

Two issues. 1) The car still pops into neutral. It is usually when I am too hot into a corner, and I turn, it pops into neutral and I snap spin. Is it possible that I am perceiving things out of order, and that I spin and it goes into neutral instantaneously, or just as I start to spin, because I have Auto-Clutch on since my set up does not have a clutch? BTW, it is straight to N from whatever gear I am in... not a downshift, so it isn't me being an idiot and hitting the shifter paddle. It's pretty annoying, and I don't get the chance to save it, because I have no throttle as I am trying to get weight back on the rear. Never lift in a turn??? Try hitting neutral!!

2) When I beach it, I cannot get out. The only way for me to get out is to turn on the AI and let him drive out. If I hit the accelerator, it will rev for a second, and then go back to idle, and the shifter works oddly if I have the wheel turned.

Stack
11-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Two issues. 1) The car still pops into neutral. It is usually when I am too hot into a corner, and I turn, it pops into neutral and I snap spin. Is it possible that I am perceiving things out of order, and that I spin and it goes into neutral instantaneously, or just as I start to spin, because I have Auto-Clutch on since my set up does not have a clutch? BTW, it is straight to N from whatever gear I am in... not a downshift, so it isn't me being an idiot and hitting the shifter paddle. It's pretty annoying, and I don't get the chance to save it, because I have no throttle as I am trying to get weight back on the rear. Never lift in a turn??? Try hitting neutral!!

That is very weird Eric. 1st thing I'd check is to make sure all your driving aids like Spin Recovery and so forth are all turned off. Might be a glitch in that program with this mod. Make sure your auto-shift isn't on or on downshift only.

Does it happen online AND offline? Or just online?

2) When I beach it, I cannot get out. The only way for me to get out is to turn on the AI and let him drive out. If I hit the accelerator, it will rev for a second, and then go back to idle, and the shifter works oddly if I have the wheel turned.

Yeah... we've all found that out. It is a design of this particular track (this particular track author). When you think about it, it is very realistic, but yes, very annoying. Some leagues have a mod to lessen the effects. Wasn't aware that the AI can drive out though, thats a new one!

mrepka
11-27-2007, 07:27 AM
I can fix the gravel traps if the group wants, keep in mind that if I do all users plus the server will need to have the patch, or we will start to see mismatch errors.

Eric
11-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Does it happen online AND offline? Or just online?

Haven't been online yet. Not quite up to par for doing this in public yet :D

f1rocks
11-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Eric,
Check to see what button you have mapped for Neutral. It should be on your settings screen when you're in the game. You could potentially have it mapped to a button that is inadvertently being hit. You can either re-map it or put nothing in that field.

Eric
11-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Eric,
Check to see what button you have mapped for Neutral. It should be on your settings screen when you're in the game. You could potentially have it mapped to a button that is inadvertently being hit. You can either re-map it or put nothing in that field.

I'll check, but I have to look in the controller file, not the settings window. I doubt that is it, however, because the keyboard is well away from me, and it will happen when I am doing nothing but going through a turn... granted, probably not at the right speed... hands on the wheel, feet on the pedals... whamo. It almost always happens in the first two turns at BH. No where else. I suspect it is my driving... going over the hill, lose traction, whatever.

jstecher
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Haven't been online yet. Not quite up to par for doing this in public yet :D

Come on man you got to get online and play. its a blast for nothing more than watching everyone else in the wall.

Stack
11-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I should be online early this evening... around 6:30ish EST if anyone's interested in some Brands Hatchction :cheers: :D

jstecher
11-27-2007, 02:26 PM
I will probably be there around the same time Stack maybe a little late. Look forward to it.

sbarton
11-27-2007, 03:32 PM
I'll be there.

-Scott

Eric
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Do I need to show up at a given time to try the server? I have several things to "fix" but would like to try late tonight.

jstecher
11-27-2007, 04:10 PM
You can show up anytime Eric. Server is always up.

Stack
11-27-2007, 05:26 PM
You can show up anytime Eric. Server is always up.

However... as discussed somewhere else... if you get there and it says "session is closed" it means we are in a race thats already started. Either wait a few minutes and try again, or change your multiplayer settings to "observer on" and log in to watch. (You'll have to exit and come back with observer turned off to participate when we re-start)

Stack
11-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Good times last night guys... I hate that my laptop kicked me off that middle race... then the damn Red Mist completely took over in my last race :miffed:

I need to do some more race practicing. I think I've shown I can run with anyone time-wise, but when it comes to in-race traffic... forget it LOL

trackaddict
11-28-2007, 07:47 AM
great time last nite with as many as 10 racers at race sart. cyall again 2nite.

sbarton
11-28-2007, 11:10 AM
That was fun last night. Sorry if I screwed anybody up. I was getting used to using a gamepad for the first time. It's not very easy at all. :( I think my fastest lap was a 1:41, lol! I felt like a Green student that got suck in the Red run group. :eek:
Hopefully I'll get my G25 back before the Road Atlanta Race.

I installed rFactor on my laptop, so I may be able to do the USGP race while I'm at VIR if I'm not on the track. ;)

-Scott

Stack
11-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I installed rFactor on my laptop, so I may be able to do the USGP race while I'm at VIR if I'm not on the track. ;)

-Scott

I know... I'm sitting here thinking about how I can run Mid-Ohio in February and not piss any of the other staffers off at our event at VIR :D

"He's doing WHAT?!" LOL

Of course... one of our guys brought his whole seat/surround sound/projector rig to our Rockingham event in October hehe.

Dale B
11-28-2007, 11:58 AM
I had a lot of fun at practice last night fellas.

Thx, Dale

mrepka
11-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Also was having fun last night. Down to 28.1, but it looks as though I will miss this weekends race due to an illness in the family.

billy
11-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I did a 32.8 last night, still playing with camber and aero but I think a lot of it is line so thats just practise.

jstecher
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
I had a ton of fun last night to and even managed to keep it on the track for like 15 straight laps. I still am just in the 1:29 range so I have work to do.

Stacks computer crash lead to my only DNF of the night when I rocketed up the back of his instantly stopped car on the straight. I think it was planned. :)

Also because of you bastards I had to order a G25 wheel now too...this virtual racing stuff is as expensive as the real deal.

Thursday practice is all about getting use to the full tank feel...I need to actually run with enough fuel onboard for the 25 laps. I have a feeling the car will be a ton different.

Also was having fun last night. Down to 28.1, but it looks as though I will miss this weekends race due to an illness in the family.

Sorry to hear buddy! Hopefully nothing to serious. :(

Dale B
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
I had a ton of fun last night to and even managed to keep it on the track for like 15 straight laps. I still am just in the 1:29 range so I have work to do.

Sorry to hear buddy! Hopefully nothing to serious. :(

Just in the 29's, cmon, throw me a bone here :)

jstecher
11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Just in the 29's, cmon, throw me a bone here :)

You can blame it on yourself. You finished in front of me with Gunny and pissed me off so once the wife went to sleep I snuck back downstairs and pounded out 100 or so laps.

sbarton
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Also because of you bastards I had to order a G25 wheel now too...this virtual racing stuff is as expensive as the real deal.

What are you using now? BTW, the G25 is awesome! Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963416-0403-G25-Racing-Wheel/dp/B000GP8448/) usually has them the cheapest that I found. Too bad my steering wheel was broken (http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=steering_wheels&thread.id=3897) when I got it. :(

-Scott

jstecher
11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah I picked mine up from Amazon as well. I have a driving force one at the moment but I cant get the force feedback to work and I figured it was time to update.

jstecher
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Some more good racing tonight in practice late. Got some of the apexspeed folks are going to be challenging ya Mark. Multiple folks in the 1:28-1:29 range.

I focused on long runs tonight and found that the most amount of laps you can do with a single tank of gas is around 22 so we need to decide pronto if we want to allow pit stops or just shorten all the races to single tank of fuel. Thoughts?

Stack
11-29-2007, 06:14 AM
I focused on long runs tonight and found that the most amount of laps you can do with a single tank of gas is around 22 so we need to decide pronto if we want to allow pit stops or just shorten all the races to single tank of fuel. Thoughts?

Yes... allow pit stops!

f2000keith
11-29-2007, 08:50 AM
...So what's the fastest way to get out of the sand (besides not going into it in the first place)? :stupid:

Is anyone else using the SLN texture update for Brands? I like it, but I"m worried about possible framerate issues online so I may go back to the old textures.

Oh yeah... I just fiinished up my FBMW skin last night. Are we going to be allowed to use them Saturday?

Stack
11-29-2007, 08:56 AM
...So what's the fastest way to get out of the sand (besides not going into it in the first place)? :stupid:

I don't think there IS a fast way online (in-game I think you can switch to AI control and it will drive right out). I've found the only way I can get out is to actually use my clutch. Even though I have Auto-clutch enabled, I still have the pedal mapped, so I can keep it in 1st gear, rev it up, and dump/feather the clutch a few times (maybe 50? LOL) to get un stuck.

Also... "most" of the traps have a grass patch between it and the wall... if you can keep your momentum up and get THROUGH the trap to the grass, you can continue on.

Oh yeah... I just fiinished up my FBMW skin last night. Are we going to be allowed to use them Saturday?

We won't be using skins yet cause it would involve everyone downloading a new patch that includes them. Everyone needs the skin loaded on their individual game in order to see it, even online.

I'd like us to do it at some point, cause I'm working on mine as we speak, and I know John wants one as well. Gunny's already got one, but his was already loaded in the FBMW mod we all downloaded.

Mossie
11-29-2007, 01:00 PM
This looks like it will be a fun series, I have a few questions...

1- what driver aids will be allowed by the server?, IMO... traction control and auto clutch only, no abs etc. tc, because you will have more finishers, ac because not everyone has a 3rd pedal, but the rest kinda take the realism out.

2- is there a restart policy?, some online races I've done, will restart if 5 or more crash out on the first lap. but only once, I'm ok with what ever you guys want to do on this one.

3- if I get a blue flag, should I.. (A) stay on the racing line, but slow to allow the faster car by. or (B) move off line and slow, allowing the faster car to continue on line.

TIA... see you at brandi:)

Stack
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
This looks like it will be a fun series, I have a few questions...

1- what driver aids will be allowed by the server?, IMO... traction control and auto clutch only, no abs etc. tc, because you will have more finishers, ac because not everyone has a 3rd pedal, but the rest kinda take the realism out.

2- is there a restart policy?, some online races I've done, will restart if 5 or more crash out on the first lap. but only once, I'm ok with what ever you guys want to do on this one.

3- if I get a blue flag, should I.. (A) stay on the racing line, but slow to allow the faster car by. or (B) move off line and slow, allowing the faster car to continue on line.

TIA... see you at brandi:)

Good questions Mossie! and Welcome!

I am not an official, but here are my opinions on your questions:

1) IIRC, auto clutch is the only aide turned on
2) It hasn't been discussed amongst the masses. I personally am torn... on one hand, I'd like another shot of someone screws up and takes half the field out (if I'm mixed up in it); on the other hand, if I'm not mixed up in it... well... too bad! :D

3) Also an excellent question. In racing, a blue flag is an advisory flag only, I assume we'll keep it the same in-game. Unless RFactor has some weird default penalty for not letting someone pass if you get a blue flag, then I say it SHOULD only be an advisory.

That said, the way I see it is this: if you're fighting for position with the car coming up behind you, then by all means, fight. If however, for whatever reason, the car getting ready to pass you won't affect your position, then I'd say move offline to let the overtaking car stay on pace.

Maybe those on here who do some actual racing can fill us in on any nuances?

Mossie
11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your quick response Stack! what you say makes sense.

I think in rfactor (un-like the real world) you only get a blue flag if you are being lapped, I'm not sure if rfactor penalizes you automaticly if you don't comply. that reminds me of two points, your members who are new to rfactor should be aware of...

1) in qualifying if you see the checkered, and you do one more lap, you will be DQ'ed, from the race.:miffed:

2) if you speed in the pits, you will get a stop and go, (a curved arrow thingy in the upper left corner of the screen) if you don't do it you will be DQ'ed.:miffed:

:shift:

Stack
11-29-2007, 02:33 PM
1) in qualifying if you see the checkered, and you do one more lap, you will be DQ'ed, from the race.:miffed:

2) if you speed in the pits, you will get a drive threw, (a curved arrow thingy in the upper left corner of the screen) if you don't do it you will be DQ'ed.:miffed:

:shift:

Damn you! I was hoping no one else would know these things :)

The pit thing might catch some people... I haven't seen it penalize anyone yet during our nightly practice sessions. Then again, we've not pitted during a race before. I know we all speed out during practice and qualifying LOL.

mrepka
11-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Good things to talk guys. The race is set for 24 laps, unless you plan on driving around at 1/2 throttle in top gear for the full 24 laps, these car will not make race distance on full tanks. This means that pits WILL have to be made to finish. We will need answers on; if there will be a pit lane speed limit, tire changes allowed, etc. We will need to have these items set before the race and make sure the masses know what they are up against or their could be post race chaos. Drivers will also need some time and testing to make sure that those new to this know how to do a pit stop in rFactor, how to set pit options etc.

f2000keith
11-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Is damage turned on for the race? Are car failures also turned on?

sbarton
11-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I think damage is set to 50%?

Can we practice starts? I'd like to know how we all grid up and stuff.

Also, how come I sometimes can't see the Trackpedia server?

-Scott

Rob.wisniewski
11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
John said he will post final rules tonight on pitstops, etc in the wiki so that everyone can try them out tomorrow. He will also try and make sure that we get an IP of the server for folks to directly connect to if they cannot find trackpedia in the match maker.

He's tied up at work but will be on later.

Damage is set at 50% and car failures are on so dont over rev your engine getting out of the gravel traps. :)

Hanewf_83
11-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I just discovered a problem we might have with the pitstops. If some cars are in the same pit group we could end up with an issue of cars blocking each other in the pit stops.

Stack
11-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I just discovered a problem we might have with the pitstops. If some cars are in the same pit group we could end up with an issue of cars blocking each other in the pit stops.

Explain further... you mean if people have chosen cars from the same team or what?

Hanewf_83
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Explain further... you mean if people have chosen cars from the same team or what?

If we have people that choose the same cars, or if we choose cars from the different series' (UK, German, USA, Asia) having the same group number, there may be an issue with cars overlapping pit stalls. I had it happen to me tonight in another league I run and it completely messed up my race having to wait to pit while a lapped car sat there for over a minute getting repairs.

jstecher
11-29-2007, 10:34 PM
If we have people that choose the same cars, or if we choose cars from the different series' (UK, German, USA, Asia) having the same group number, there may be an issue with cars overlapping pit stalls. I had it happen to me tonight in another league I run and it completely messed up my race having to wait to pit while a lapped car sat there for over a minute getting repairs.

Any suggestion on how to fix?

jstecher
11-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Final rules for the race series have been posted. http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Trackpedia_rFactor_Challenge#The_Rules

Only possibly addition will be for issues with pitstops or other items that need to be addressed as the season progresses. So dont steal Ferrari's technology ok! :)

Hanewf_83
11-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Any suggestion on how to fix?

There isn't really a way to fix it that I know of, we'll just have to pay attention to where the pit stalls are and if needed we'll have to share it or get one of the people to change cars.

Stack
11-30-2007, 06:09 AM
There isn't really a way to fix it that I know of, we'll just have to pay attention to where the pit stalls are and if needed we'll have to share it or get one of the people to change cars.

Well... couple things I can think of:

1) To pit, if I'm not mistaken, you have to either request to pit, or have it "scheduled" right? Will the game not recognize this, and tell someone they have to wait til the next lap or something (not ideal, but its something)

2) We could try to find out what teams are on what stalls, and everyone will need to "declare" what car they will be driving for the season so there are no future conflictions

3) I think we DEFINITELY need to have a short "dress rehearsal" either tonight or in the morning before the official race to see if any bugs pop up last minute

Thoughts?

jstecher
11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm in for a dress rehearsal tonight. I will probably be online around 7-8pmCST.

Stack
11-30-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm in for a dress rehearsal tonight. I will probably be online around 7-8pmCST.

I keep getting mixed up... does that mean 8-9 EST? :p

Hanewf_83
11-30-2007, 09:41 AM
I would assume those times are correct. I might be around but it depends on other plans I have and whether or not I want to go

jstecher
12-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Once again a great night of final practice. Time to do battle tomorrow morning. Lets keep it clean in turn 1. :)

Hanewf_83
12-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it. Still ended up going out and "having fun" considering my current condition. Hopefully I'll be around for the race.

Matt Newcombe
12-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the fun practice tonight guys... this online racing is a blast! Unfortunately I won't be back home till after noon tomorrow so have a good race!

Stack
12-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the fun practice tonight guys... this online racing is a blast! Unfortunately I won't be back home till after noon tomorrow so have a good race!

Hot damn... that means I've got a shot! :clap:

Very nice driving last night Matt... multiple 1:27s ... :bow:

Stack
12-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Very nice and well run race guys! I'll let John post official results. I'm happy with my 3rd place podium finish.

Had I not spun 4 times I might have been in the battle for 1st... looks like MRepka and Dale (I think it was Dale) had a nice battle for the lead with only a couple laps to go. (Judging by the position status bar at the bottom of my screen.) Hopefully someone will figure out how to export and publish the video. I've got a replay of the race (we all probably do) but when I try to export it, it basically freezes my laptop up :confused:

Only had 3 cars out of 14 not finish the race... two due to sand, one for an engine failure.

Well done guys... can't wait til next weekend at Indy!

jstecher
12-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Excellent racing guys. I was running fricking 4th until I again looped it on the exit of T3...each and every time after Trackaddict executed a pass in two. Man what could have been...its funny how I find I have as many stories of what coulda-shoulda-woulda as real track days!!!

Points Standings Updated here: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Trackpedia_rFactor_Challenge#Trackpedia_Challenge_ Participants_and_Points_Standing

Final Results from the Brands Hatch race here: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Brands_Hatch_2007_rFactor_Challenge

Congrats to our podium finishers Mark, Drew and Stack!! Great races all of you and we'll see you at Indy this week.

Dale B
12-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I had a fun race too, looped it once a couple of laps before my first pit stop right after T1.

Great group to race with, very clean yet their is no quarter given on the track, exactly as it should be. :) Gunny and I were always within striking distance of each other and for the last half of the race nose to tail. I had a couple of good runs at him but he wasn't having any, just really enjoyed the race, very intense.

Congrats Mark, Drew & Stacy for the podium!! :cheers:

Dale

gunny
12-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Excellent racing guys. I was running fricking 4th until I again looped it on the exit of T3...each and every time after Trackaddict executed a pass in two. Man what could have been...its funny how I find I have as many stories of what coulda-shoulda-woulda as real track days!!!

Points Standings Updated here: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Trackpedia_rFactor_Challenge#Trackpedia_Challenge_ Participants_and_Points_Standing

Final Results from the Brands Hatch race here: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Brands_Hatch_2007_rFactor_Challenge

Congrats to our podium finishers Mark, Drew and Stack!! Great races all of you and we'll see you at Indy this week.

John
and everyone else here are the race results I have.
Oh by the way click on g_info.htm to read the report. OH well never mind I file exceeds the forums limits of 195KB
You guys are missing out! Sector times, fast lap, ect..ect..

billy
12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Email it to me, billy at trackpedia dot com

f2000keith
12-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Detailed results and stats here (http://home.comcast.net/~keith.carter/simleague/brandshatch/index.html)

Once the official one is up, feel free do delete the post. :p

gunny
12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Well I like to keep the server just as a rFactor race server and nothing else. I dont like to run ftp nor do I like to run iis on it. Anyways until you guys can work it out here are the results.

[url]http://24.127.112.63/brands results/g_info.htm
Http turned of on the server. See Keiths link.

ok keith beat me to it. I'm shuttin IIS off! Yea.
Keith I still cannot get the top100 program to work, any insight would be most helpful.

Thanks.

f2000keith
12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Gunny, if you send me the file I can post the results in reference to the server. The results I posted are all relative to me.

keith at apexspeed dot com

f2000keith
12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Keith I still cannot get the top100 program to work, any insight would be most helpful.

Thanks.

Do you have the rTop100Factor.properties file in the config folder configured with the port you want to use for it? All you need to do is that and make sure the dll is in the plugins for the server. You need to restart the rFactor server gui to start it. Can you get to it within the internal network to weed out port forwarding/router issues?

Hanewf_83
12-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Those stats make me look bad, they don't show that I had passed 4 or 5 cars before the power went out and I lost the connection, What makes it worse is that I won't be able to make the entire race next week and redeem myself cause I have an exam at noon and there won't be adequate time to get to the class if I finish the race.

Warpedcow
12-01-2007, 08:10 PM
the power went out and I lost the connection

Time to buy a UPS. Cyberpower and APC make good ones.

I had the power go out here once for over an hour, my computers AND cable modem connection stayed up the entire time :D I actually emailed the power company to report the outage since the phone lines were jammed :rockon:

Hanewf_83
12-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I have an APC which runs the computer and wheel for over half an hour. The problem is the internet connection always goes out and there's nothing I can do about that. I was still racing when all the cars disappeared then I got booted from the server about a lap later

Warpedcow
12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I have an APC which runs the computer and wheel for over half an hour. The problem is the internet connection always goes out and there's nothing I can do about that.

Hate to ask the obvious... is all your networking equipment on the APC as well?

billy
12-01-2007, 09:23 PM
The stats page is very cool. Of course the next question is "Is there a data logger plugin for rFactor?"

f2000keith
12-01-2007, 09:31 PM
The stats page is very cool. Of course the next question is "Is there a data logger plugin for rFactor?"

Yes, there's an addon that exports data in order to allow you to use Motec software. (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Data%20Acquisition%20Plugin) It seems that the 1255 update kind of broke it (YMMV). Hopefully an updated version comes out.

Hanewf_83
12-01-2007, 10:07 PM
I miss not having the telemetry. I always heavily relied on it to help me set up my cars and now I'm struggling without it. My fault for being technology dependent I guess

Hate to ask the obvious... is all your networking equipment on the APC as well?
I plug my patch cable directly into a wall outlet. I have no control over the network.

jstecher
12-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Keith awesome stats page man. I love it. Fricking spinning and having to bit killed me. I also am the most inconsistent person in the world lapping. :(

Ty dont worry man you get to drop your lowest three point totals of the season.

Hanewf_83
12-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm not worried about the championship since I'm going to end up missing too many races later on anyways. I was just upset because I rushed to get back to race just to have my connection quit and I couldn't show what I got

f2000keith
12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Detailed results and stats here (http://home.comcast.net/~keith.carter/trackpedia/index.html)

The new series dashboard is now up for detailed race stats (http://home.comcast.net/~keith.carter/trackpedia/index.html)

jstecher
12-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks a ton for the stats and webpage Keith. Its awesome! :clap:

f2000keith
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
No problem John! Maybe I can pick your brain for implementing a Wiki on ApexSpeed as payment... :)

f2000keith
12-03-2007, 12:11 AM
As a note for fellow league guys... The ApexSpeed server is online just about 24/7 for practice if for whatever reason the Trackpedia server may be down or not running the FBMW. I have crash damage off for testing and practice so you can really hang the car out and not worry about pitting for repairs and will be mirroring the league tracks for the duration of the series.

Server: ApexSpeed
Pass: rfactor

Hanewf_83
12-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey Keith, you should post the url for the hot laps tracker so people can see and compare times.

f2000keith
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey Keith, you should post the url for the hot laps tracker so people can see and compare times.

Here's the link to the Hotlaps tracker on the ApexSpeed server (http://keithcarter.homeip.net:27012/rTop100Factor)

Stack
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Here's the link to the Hotlaps tracker on the ApexSpeed server (http://keithcarter.homeip.net:27012/rTop100Factor)

So... how does one's name get on that tracker?

Hanewf_83
12-03-2007, 12:32 PM
So... how does one's name get on that tracker?

Run a timed lap on the ApexSpeed server and it will appear in the rankings

Stack
12-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Run a timed lap on the ApexSpeed server and it will appear in the rankings

Gotcha! thanks!